National Institute of Tribal Research in New Delhi
⇒ The Union Minister for Home and Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the National Institute of Tribal Research in New Delhi on 07 June 2022.
In his address, the Union Home and Cooperation Minister said this National Tribal Research Institute is coming into existence according to the imagination of the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi. There are many Tribal Research Institutes in the country, but there was no national link connecting many diversities of tribal society and this institute being built according to the vision of Shri Narendra Modi will become that link.
- The NTRI is a premier and apex National Level Institute and will become the cynosure of tribal concerns, issues and matters in academic, executive and legislative fields.
- It will collaborate and network with other reputed research institutes, Universities, organizations as well as academic bodies and resource Centres.
- It will Monitor projects of Tribal Research Institutes (TRIs), Centres of Excellence (CoEs), research scholars of NFS and set up norms for improvement in the quality of research and training.
- Its other activities would be to provide policy inputs to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs as well as State Welfare Departments, Design studies and programs that improve or support socio-economic aspects of tribal lifestyles, creating and maintenance of Database of PMAAGY, providing guidelines in Setting and running of Tribal Museums and Showcasing rich tribal cultural heritage of India under one umbrella.
Geospatial Self Certification Portal
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Science and Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Earth Science; MoS of Prime Minister’s Office and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh released a book and its e-Version on 8 Years of Administrative and Pension reforms (2014-2022).
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) also launched the Self Certification Portal for conveying adherence to provisions of Geospatial Guidelines by Individuals, companies, organizations, and Government agencies on 07 June 2022.
- Using the Portal will essentially cut down time spent on obtaining clearances and approvals drastically for Geospatial companies, researchers, academia, and innovators for carrying out Geospatial related activities.
- The Portal launch is in line with the transformative ideas & announcements in the new Geospatial Data Guidelines released by DST on February 15, 2021.
- The Portal has been developed in collaboration with NIC.
Book ‘Loktantra ke Swar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’
⇒ Union Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan along with Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Sports Shri Anurag Thakur released a book ‘Loktantra ke Swar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ on 08 June 2022.
The books contain the selected speeches of the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind. This the fourth volume of the series featuring the fourth year of presidency of Shri Ram Nath Kovind. The compilation contains speeches on a wide range of subjects.
- This volume contains the speeches delivered by the President on numerous occasions during the fourth year of his presidency.
- The compilation includes a wide range of speeches that touch the diverse facets of the nation’s life.
» A total of 38 speeches have been selected and categorized into eight sections.
- Addressing the Nation
- Educating India, Equipping India
- Dharma of Public Service
- Honouring Our Sentinels
- Spirit of the Constitution and Law
- Acknowledging Excellence
- Moral Exemplars, Guiding Lights
- Window to the World
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh & his Vietnamese counterpart General Phan Van Giang hold bilateral talks
⇒ Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh held bilateral talks with Vietnam’s Minister of National Defence General Phan Van Giang in Hanoi on June 08, 2022.
Wide-ranging discussions on effective and practical initiatives to further expand bilateral defence engagements and regional & global issues were held between the two sides.
» The two Defence Ministers also signed the ‘Joint Vision Statement on India-Vietnam Defence Partnership towards 2030’, which will significantly enhance the scope and scale of existing defence cooperation.
» A Memorandum of Understanding on Mutual Logistics Support was also inked in the presence of both the Ministers.
- In these times of increasing cooperative engagements between the defence forces of the two countries, this is a major step towards simplifying procedures for mutually beneficial logistic support and is the first such major agreement which Vietnam has signed with any country.
» Both Ministers also agreed for early finalisation of $US 500 million Defence Line of Credit extended to Vietnam. Implementation of the projects shall add substantially to Vietnam’s Defence capabilities.
» The Raksha Mantri also announced gifting two simulators and monetary grant towards setting up of Language and IT Lab at Air Force Officers Training School for capacity building of Vietnamese Armed Forces.
- India and Vietnam share a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership since 2016 and defence cooperation is a key pillar of this partnership.
- Vietnam is an important partner in India’s Act East policy and the Indo-Pacific vision.
⇒ Shreyas Hosur, Dy. FA&CAO © from South Western Railway has made Indian Railways proud by becoming the first ever Railway officer and also the first ever officer from the non-uniformed Civil Services to complete the gruelling ‘IRONMAN’ Triathlon.
- The event included 3.8 km Swim, 180 km Cycling and 42.2 km Running.
- Shreyas completed the event in 13 hrs 26 mins on 5th June 2022, in Hamburg, Germany.
» The finishers of the event are popularly known as ‘IRONMAN’ befitting the mental and physical strength the event demands.
World Blood Donor Day 2022
⇒ World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14 June.
World Blood Donor Day is observed to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood.
- Mexico hosted World Blood Donor Day 2022 through its National Blood Centre. The global event was held in Mexico City.
WBDD 2022 Theme: “Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join the efforts and save lives”.
For 2022, the World Blood Donor Day slogan was “Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join the effort and save lives”, to draw attention to the roles that voluntary blood donations play in saving lives and enhancing solidarity within communities.
- World Blood Donor Day was established in 2004 by the World Health Organization (WHO). It later was declared an Annual Global event during the 58th World Health Assembly held in 2005.
- June 14 also marks the birth anniversary of Karl Landsteiner who won the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1930 for his work in classifying blood types.
» The Day was created to:
raise global awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products for transfusion; highlight the critical contribution voluntary, unpaid blood donors make to national health systems; support national blood transfusion services, blood donor organizations and other nongovernmental organizations in strengthening and expanding their voluntary blood donor programmes by reinforcing national and local campaigns.