- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, and Shri Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh flagged off the Kisan Rail between Anantapur and New Delhi on 09 Sept 2020 via video link. This was the South India’s 1st and country’s 2nd Kisan Rail.
- Smt Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Inaugurated the organic food processing unit located in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh through video conference on 09 Sep 2020.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will digitally launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana on 10th September. PMMSY is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of fisheries sector in the country. It will be implemented during a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25 in all States/Union Territories with an estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crores, as a part of AatmaNirbhar Bharat Package. Prime Minister will also launch e-Gopala App. E-Gopala App is a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
- The 15th Sustainability Summit will Held in New Delhi, India from 08 to 10 Sep 2020. The Sustainability Summit is the annual flagship event of Confederation of Indian Industry in sustainability, launched in 2006 to raise the bar of dialogue, practice and performance of sustainable business. The 15th Sustainability Summit is focused on “Action Agenda for the Next Decade“.
- Shikshak Parv is being celebrated from 08 to 25 September, 2020. This aims to felicitate the Teachers and to take New Education Policy 2020 forward. Under Shikshak Parv, Ministry of Education will be organising a two-day conclave on School Education in 21st Century on 10-11 September, 2020 via online mode. National Awardee teachers and other creative teachers will be a part of this conclave. Conclave first’s day, the focus will be on Principal and Teacher practitioners, who will discuss how, they have already implemented certain themes of the NEP in creative ways. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the conclave on 11th September, 2020.
Business & Technology:
- Vodafone Idea rebranded itself. Vodafone-Idea announced its new unified brand identity by renaming all its products under a new name and logo “Vi”, on 07 Sep 2020.
- Samsung Electronics Co. will develop 5G network infrastructure for Verizon Communications. Samsung announced USD 6.6 billion contract from Verizon to create 5G on 07 Sep 2020.
- Microsoft Research has launched a new app “Microsoft Expressive Pixels“. Microsoft Expressive Pixels provides rich authoring capabilities for users to make static images and animations that can be shared on LED displays and other digital devices such as a PC.
- WhatsApp is introducing a patch to address its security vulnerabilities. Long weird messages and v-cards can freeze your WhatsApp account indefinitely and delete chat history permanently.
- The two-day event of 73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region is being held entirely through virtual platforms on 09-10 Sep 2020. The 73rd session is being hosted by the Government of Thailand (from Bangkok) while the previous session was held in New Delhi.
- Kannada actor Siddaraju Kalyankar passed away on 07 September 2020 due to cardiac arrest in Bengaluru. He was 60.
- Playwright Belur Krishnamurthy died in Hassan on 08 Sep 2020 due to breathing problem. He was 89.
- Former chairman of Ashok Leyland, Ram J Shahaney passed away in Chennai on 08 Sep 2020. He was 89. He played a major role in the growth of Ashok Leyland Ltd during his more than three-decade stint at the company.
- Karnataka State Human Rights Commission, Bengaluru, has developed an app named “Manav Hakku Rakshane“. This app would help in the field of redressal of grievances arising out of the violation of human rights.
- Retired IAS officer C Partha Sarathi is appointed as State Election Commissioner in Telangana for a tenure of three years on 08 Sep 2020.