‘Kalam no Carnival’ Book Fair
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inauguration ceremony of ‘Kalam no Carnival’ Book Fair organised by Navbharat Sahitya Mandir in Ahmedabad via video message.
The Prime Minister acknowledged that the book fair has become a platform for new and young writers, and it is also helping in expanding the literature and knowledge of Gujarat. The Prime Minister added that ‘Kalam no Carnival’ is a huge convention of books in Hindi, English and Gujarati languages.
About Book Fair:
Navbharat Sahitya Mandir of Gujarat organised ‘Kalam no Carnival’ Book Fair 2022 from 08 to 26 September, 2022.
In the Book Fair, more than 50,000 books of various genres- History, Mythology, Spiritual, Religion, Crime, Suspense, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Self-help, Management, Motivational etc.- were there in English, Hindi & Gujarati Languages.
National Conference 'MANTHAN - Idea to Action'
⇒ Union Minister for Road, Transport and Highways, Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated, National Conference ‘MANTHAN – Idea to Action’, in Bengaluru on September 08, 2022.
A three-day by-invitation conference cum public EXPO, Manthan was organised by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
The theme of Manthan was ‘’IDEAS TO ACTION: Towards a smart, sustainable, road infra, mobility and logistics ecosystem.’’
It was aimed to anchor discussions across multiple issues and opportunities in the roads, transport and logistics sector and engage with the States, UTs and other key stakeholders from the industry for sharing of best practices, policy support, and capacity development.
Several state ministers holding portfolios of the ministries of PWD, Transport and Industries and senior government officials from these ministries participated in the conference.
The discussions were held across three broad areas:
- First, on Roads, covering road development, new materials and technology, and road safety.
- Secondly, in the transport sector, covering EVs and vehicle safety, among others; and
- Thirdly, alternate and future mobility, covering ropeways, multimodal logistics parks, Parvatmala, and digital interventions, to name a few.
- In addition, the 41st Meeting of the Transport Development Council was organised during the programme. The Next-Gen M Parivahan Mobile App was also launched during the event.
- The three-day public EXPO organised alongside the conference was aimed at showcasing technologies and materials in highway development, and new programmes like Bharatmala, Parvatmala, and EVs, to name a few.
5th President of Kenya
⇒ Deputy President William Ruto was declared the winner of Kenya’s presidential election 2022.
General elections were held in Kenya on 9 August 2022. William Ruto was elected President of Kenya defeating Raila Odinga. Mr Ruto won the election with 50.5% of the vote, to Mr Odinga’s 48.8%.
- Kenya’s new President William Ruto was sworn in on 13 September 2022. The previous deputy president Mr Ruto has become the fifth President of Kenya.
Prestigious Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) [Meritorious Service Medal (Military)]
⇒ HE Madam Halimah Yacob, the President of Republic of Singapore, conferred the prestigious Pingat Jasa Gemilang (Tentera) [Meritorious Service Medal (Military)] on Admiral Sunil Lanba (Retd), the former Chief of Naval Staff, Indian Navy.
Dr Ng Eng Hen, Defence Minister of Singapore presented the award to Admiral Sunil Lanba (Retd), on behalf of the President, in a solemn Investiture Ceremony, held on 08 Sep 22 at the Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
- The award is a recognition of strong bilateral defence ties between India and Singapore as well as stellar contribution of Adm Sunil Lanba to strengthen the engagements between the two Navies.
Stellar contribution of Adm Sunil Lanba:
- During his tenure as the Chief of Naval Staff, the Indian Navy hosted the 25th edition of Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) at Visakhapatnam in Oct 2018.
- Adm Lanba also hosted the inaugural Goa Maritime Conclave in 2017, in which Singapore is one of the participants.
- During his term as the Chief of Naval Staff, Adm Lanba had attended the International Maritime Review (IMR) commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN), the International Maritime and Defence Expo (IMDEX) and the International Maritime Security Conference, co-hosted by the RSN alongside IMDEX-Asia in May 2017.
World Physiotherapy Day or World PT Day 2022
⇒ World Physiotherapy Day or World PT Day is observed every year on 8 September across the world.
The day marks the unity and solidarity of the global physiotherapy community. It is an opportunity to recognise the work that physiotherapists do for their patients and community.
The theme of World Physiotherapy Day was “Prevention and Management of Osteoarthritis”.
The focus for this year’s World PT Day is osteoarthritis and the role of physiotherapists in its prevention and in the management of people affected by osteoarthritis.
- In 2023 the focus will be on other rheumatological conditions.
In 1996, 8 September was designated as World PT Day. This is the date World Physiotherapy was founded in 1951.
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
⇒ Queen Elizabeth II, the UK’s longest-serving monarch, has died at Balmoral aged 96, after reigning for 70 years. She died peacefully on 08 September 2022 afternoon at her Scottish estate.
The Queen was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, in Mayfair, London, on 21 April 1926.
The Queen came to the throne in 1952 and witnessed enormous social change.
Queen Elizabeth II’s tenure as head of state spanned post-war austerity, the transition from empire to Commonwealth, the end of the Cold War and the UK’s entry into – and withdrawal from – the European Union.
Her reign spanned 15 prime ministers starting with Winston Churchill, born in 1874, and including Ms Truss, born 101 years later in 1975.