- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has introduced Artificial Intelligence (AI) as a subject in class IX from the session 2019-20 in its affiliated Schools. This aims to enhance multidisciplinary approach in teaching, learning and to sensitize the new generation.
- On Vishwakarma Divas Celebration i.e 17th September 2020, Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually confers Second Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award to the Institutions under AICTE. The theme of the Utkrisht Sansthan Vishwakarma Award (USVA) 2020 was “INDIA FIGHTS CORONA”. The award has been given to 34 institutions selected in 14 categories.
In overall category:The College of Engineering, Pune has received the first prize and Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad has received the second prize.
- Yoshihide Suga, leader of the Japanese ruling Liberal Democratic Party, elected as the new Prime Minister of Japan in a parliamentary vote on 16 September 2020.
- The 10th Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) Group Meeting was held virtually on 15th September, 2020. Mr Raj Kumar, Secretary, Defence Production, Indian Ministry of Defence and Ms Ellen M Lord, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment, U.S. Department of Defense co-chaired the meeting. DTTI Group aimed to bring sustained leadership focus to the bilateral defense trade relationship and create opportunities for co-production and co-development of defense equipment.
- The BCCI and Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and hosting agreement on 19th September, 2020. This is to boost the cricketing ties between the two countries.
- Former Maharashtra MLA Sardar Tara Singh died in Mumbai, on 19th September, 2020. He was 81.
- Musical artist Purba Dam, an exponent of Rabindra Sangeet, died on 19 September 2020 in South Kolkata due to cardiac arrest. She was 85 years old.