First Global Innovation Summit of the Pharmaceuticals sector
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the First Global Innovation Summit of the Pharmaceuticals sector on 18th November 2021 via video conferencing.
The First Global Innovation Summit 2021 of the Pharmaceuticals sector was organized by the Indian Pharmaceutical Association.
The aim of the initiative was to bring together key Indian and international stakeholders from the government, industry, academia, investors, and researchers to discuss and strategize priorities to foster a thriving innovation ecosystem in the pharmaceuticals industry in India.
It highlighted the opportunities in the Indian pharma industry that has huge growth potential.
The two-day Summit had 12 Sessions and over 40 national and international speakers deliberated on a range of subjects including the regulatory environment, funding for innovation, industry-academia collaboration, and innovation infrastructure.
It witnessed participation of leading members from domestic and global Pharma Industries, officials, investors and researchers from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, John Hopkins Institute, IIM Ahmedabad and other eminent institutes.
82nd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of 82nd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference on 17 November, 2021.
The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference (AIPOC), the apex body of the Legislatures in India, celebrated its hundred years in 2021.
To commemorate the centennial year of AIPOC, the 82nd edition of the All India Presiding Officers’ Conference was held in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh from 17-19 November 2021.
The first Conference was also held in Shimla in 1921.
Bhadla Solar Park
⇒ India’s Bhadla Solar Park is the largest solar power park in the world.
Bhadla Solar Park is located in Bhadla, a dry and sandy region in Rajasthan, and spans 14,000 acres.
There are over 10 million solar panels at the park, which contribute to an operational capacity of 2245MW.
This project has been constructed in 4 different phases.
- The first two phases of the park were developed by the Rajasthan Solar Power Park Company Limited.
- Saurya Urja Company of Rajasthan developed the third phase.
- The project in its final stage was designed by Adani renewable energy park.
Professor Bimal Patel elected to the International Law Commission
⇒ Professor Bimal Patel, Vice-Chancellor, Rashtriya Raksha University and Member of National Security Advisory Board of India, has been elected to the International Law Commission for a five-year term starting January 1, 2023.
- Patel garnered 163 votes in the UN General Assembly out of 192 members.
About International Law Commission:
» The International Law Commission was established by the General Assembly in 1947 to undertake the mandate of the Assembly to “initiate studies and make recommendations for the purpose of encouraging the progressive development of international law and its codification.
» The Statute of the International Law Commission provides that the Commission shall consist of 34 members who shall be persons of recognised competence in international law.
ECI releases five International Training Modules
⇒ The Election Commission of India released five International Training Modules on Planning for Elections, Political Finance, Voter Registration, Election Technology, and Political Parties & EMBs on 17 November 2021.
This is part of a total ten modules under preparation by India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management (IIIDEM) in collaboration with International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).
- The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is a Washington DC based non-governmental organisation which supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections.
- ECI had initially signed a MoU in May 2012 with IFES for developing training modules and capacity building.
- Recently in 2019, after the visit of the then CEC to Washington, IFES agreed to update the eight existing International Training modules and create two new modules namely Political Parties & EMBs and Social Media & Elections.
- Contract for this was signed on August 5, 2020.
ISSF President’s Cup in Poland
⇒ The ISSF President’s Cup was held in Wroclaw, Poland from 03 November to 10 November, 2021.
India won five medals, including two Gold, two Silver and one Bronze in the inaugural ISSF President’s Cup.
Manu Bhaker, Rahi Sarnobat, Saurabh Chaudhary and Abhishek Verma won medals in the ISSF President’s Cup.
- 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Mixed Team: Manu Bhaker
- 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team: Manu Bhaker
- 25m Pistol Women (Individual): Rahi Sarnobat
- 10m Air Pistol Men (Individual): Saurabh Chaudhary
- 10m Air Pistol Men (Individual): Abhishek Verma