- India has offered a Line of Credit worth $ 100 million to Sri Lanka. This is for three solar projects in the country. It will cover financing for rooftop solar systems for 20000 households & 1000 government buildings & its combined generation capacity will be about 60 MW.
- The Union Minister, Dr Jitendra Singh unveiled the Logo and song for festival “Destination North East-2020” (The Emerging Delightful Destinations) via video conference on 21st September, 2020.
The 4-day event will be formally inaugurated by Union Home Affairs Minister Shri Amit Shah on 27th September, 2020, with Dr Jitendra Singh as Guest of Honour. The closing ceremony of festival will held on 30th September, 2020 & the Chief guest will be Shri Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Minister of State (I/C) for Shipping, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation of Maldives, Ms Aishath Nahula, jointly e- launched a direct cargo ferry service between India and Maldives on 21st September, 2020.
During its maiden voyage, Cargo will sail from Tuticorin to Kochi on Sep 21, from where it will proceed to Kulhudhuffushi port in North Maldives on 26th September 2020 and then to Male port on 29th September 2020.
- Union Commerce and Industry & Railways Minister Shri Piyush Goyal participated virtual meeting of the G-20 Trade and Investment Ministers on 22nd September, 2020.
He said, India stands ready to engage constructively with all G-20 Members to push an agenda that is inclusive and development oriented.
- The 81st Annual General Body Meeting of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS) was held in Bengaluru on 25th September, 2020. INS is the apex body of publishers of newspapers, magazines and periodicals in the country.
In meeting, L Adimoolam of the publication “Health and The Antiseptic” was elected as the president of the Indian Newspaper Society. D D Purkayastha of the Ananda Bazar Patrika was chosen as the Deputy President, Mohit Jain of The Economic Times as the Vice President and Rakesh Sharma of Aaj Samaj was elected as the Honorary Treasurer for the year 2020-21. Mary Paul will be the Secretary General.
- Canadian-Taiwanese musician Ginalina will launch debut youngsters’ ebook “The Mighty River”. It will be launched on September 27 on the event of World Rivers Day. World Rivers Day is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of September.
The eBook is regarding the significance of rivers and the widespread animals present in British Columbia, Canada.
- Renowned economist Isher Judge Ahluwalia died due to cancer in New Delhi on 26th September, 2020. She was 74. She was awarded by Padma Bhushan in 2009 for her services in the field of education and literature.
- Vice president of the Arsha Vidya Gurukulam in Pennsylvania & An eminent Hindu spiritual guru Swami Pratyagbodhananda died due to massive heart attack on 20th September, 2020. He was 69. The Arsha Vidya Gurukulam was founded in 1986 by Swami Dayananda Saraswati.
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank recently launched the logo for Congress MP Hibi Eden’s initiative “Breaking Barriers”.
Under this initiative sanitary pad vending machines and incinerators will be set up in government schools in Ernakulam & the objective of the initiative is to create awareness among women and adolescent girls about menstrual hygiene.