Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS) 2021
⇒ The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS) 2021 in Bengaluru.
The 24th edition of Bengaluru Tech summit was organized by the Department of Electronics, IT & BT of the Government of Karnataka jointly with Software Technology Parks of India, from November 17-19, 2021.
The theme of Bengaluru Tech summit 2021 was ‘Driving the Next’.
» The event fostered international engagements and discussions across domains including FinTech, EdTech, Semiconductors, and Biotechnology, among others, in the country.
- The three-day event was packed with 75 sessions with 343 speakers, attended by 26,863 registered business delegates.
- Around 50,000 people viewed the Inaugural, Plenary, Conference, Awards, Quizes as well as to view the exhibition and on-demand sessions.
- This was truly an international event that saw participation from 48 countries with 1253 international delegates and 3 Minister level international delegations.
- Australian Prime Minister Shri Scott Morrison and Israeli Prime Minister Shri Naftali Bennett addressed the inaugural session of Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS)-2021.
» The new features added this year included India USA Tech Conclave, India Innovation Alliance, Bengaluru Next Conclave with Leadership Conclave and Startup conclave and showcase of Science Gallery.
Awards during the Summit:
STPI IT Export Awards for year 2020-2021 were given to several companies under various categories.
- IT Ratna of Karnataka was awarded to Infosys.
Smart Bio Awards:
The Smart Bio Awards have been instituted by the Department of Electronics, IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka with the purpose of recognizing biotechnology firms that have shown dynamic leadership, exciting technologies and stand-out contribution in their chosen fields of biotech activities.
Smart Bio Awards 2021 Winners:
An eminent jury chaired by ‘Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE)’ President selected the Award winners.
|Biotech Startup of the year||HealthCube|
|Innovator of the Year Award||Axio Biosolutions Private Limited|
|Best Social Enterprise/ Institute||Biocon Academy|
|Woman Entrepreneur of the Year||Dr. Janani Venkataraman, Promoter, Biomoneta|
|Best Startup Against COVID-19||NeoDx Biotech Labs Pvt Ltd|
Aadhaar 2.0- Ushering the Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance
⇒ Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology inaugurated a 3-day workshop titled ‘Aadhaar 2.0- Ushering the Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance’ at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
The workshop was organized by UIDAI from 23 November to 25 November, 2021.
The 3-days event provided an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas & information, promote insightful debates and share experiences about developments and initiatives around the world around Digital Identity among various stakeholders.
These stakeholders include the following:
- Government of India and identity authorities
- Private sector entities utilizing authentication and e-KYC services
- Leading Think-Tanks and SMEs from International Diaspora
- Organizations in Social and Regulatory space
The theme of the workshop series “Aadhaar 2.0” was:
‘Considering Aadhaar as a Trusted ID as a platform and method for delivering innovative digital solutions’
- It also focused on strategies of Aadhaar that can strengthen and simplify its service delivery.
Second Unit of (2 X 660) 1320 MW Buxar Thermal Power Plant
⇒ CMD SJVN Shri N L Sharma virtually inaugurated the works of Second Unit of (2 X 660) 1320 MW Buxar Thermal Power Plant.
- The project consists of two units and that more than 50 % works related to First unit have already been completed.
- The 1320 MW Buxar Thermal Power Plant with Ultra Super Critical Technology is being developed by SJVN Thermal Pvt Ltd (a fully owned subsidiary of SJVN Limited).
- The Plant involves investment of around Rupees 11,000 Crore.
- On commissioning, the plant will generate 9828 million Units of electricity.
The Foundation Stone of 1320 MW Buxar Thermal Power Plant was laid by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi on 9th March 2019.
Presently the installed capacity of SJVN is 2016.51 MW and its capacity is more than 11000 MW and target has been set to generate 5000 MW by 2023, 12000 MW by 2030 and 25000 MW by 2040.
37th edition of CORPAT between India and Indonesia
⇒ Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khanjar participated in a coordinated patrol (CORPAT) with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin from 23 to 24 November 2021.
- Indian Naval Ship Khanjar, an indigenously built Missile Corvette participated along with Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft. KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin, (376) is a Kapitan Patimura-Class Corvette.
The 37th edition of CORPAT between India and Indonesia also witnessed the participation of Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both Nations.
India and Indonesia have been carrying out Coordinated Patrols (CORPAT) along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) twice in a year since 2002.
It aims to keep this vital part of the Indian Ocean Region safe and secure for commercial shipping, international trade and conduct of legitimate maritime activities.
Legal agreements between the GoI, Government of Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank
⇒ The Government of India, Government of Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank on 18th November 2021 signed the legal agreements for $250 million for a project which aims to improve quality of learning for over 50 lakh students in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Students from all grades and stages of school education will benefit from the project.
- The Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation Project will encourage professional development of teachers; provide remedial learning courses for children impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic; and pay special attention to students from marginalized groups, including children with special needs, scheduled tribes, and girls.