The 2021 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan from 7 to 17 December 2021.
- The Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships also serve as a qualifying event for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
In Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships 2021, India won 16 medals including 4 Gold, 7 Silver and 5 Bronze.
- Indian lifter Purnima Pandey created eight national records, two in the snatch section and three each in clean and jerk and total category. Purnima lifted 229kg (102kg+127kg) to stand on top of the podium and directly qualify for the Commonwealth Games next year.
- Lovepreet Singh lifted 348kg (161kg+187kg) to win the silver in the men’s 109kg event.
- In the women’s 87kg event, Anuradha Pavunraj bagged the bronze medal with a total effort of 195kg (90kg+105kg).
India’s Medal Winners at 2021 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships:
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga (Men 67kg Category)
- Achinta Sheuli (Men 73kg Category)
- Ajay Singh (Men 81kg Category)
- Purnima Pandey (Women +87kg Category)
- Gururaja Poojary (Men 61kg Category)
- Lovepreet Singh (Men 109kg Category)
- Jhilli Dalabehera (Women 49kg Category)
- Bindyarani Devi Sorokhaibam (Women 55kg Category)
- Popy Hazarika (Women 59kg Category)
- Harjinder Kaur (Women 71kg Category)
- Punam Yadav (Women 76kg Category)
- Vikas Thakur (Men 96kg Category)
- Gurdeep Singh (Men +109kg Category)
- Lalchhanhimi (Women 71kg Category)
- R P Arockiya Alish (Women 76kg Category)
- Anuradha Pavunraj (Women 87kg Category)