MIS Portal for rankings of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects
⇒ Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh launched MIS (Management Information System) portal for rankings of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects under RFCTLARR Act, 2013 on 16 December 2021.
- RFCTLARR Act, 2013: Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
» Calling it a ‘Vikas Portal’, Shri Giriraj Singh said that this MIS portal will not show only data and figures but it will show the speed of the development in the country.
- On the occasion, Union Minister also announced that as per the ranking and performance, the top 3 States and top 3 districts will be awarded.
- The Department of Land Resources developed this MIS portal to capture information on various parameters of land acquisition, required for ranking of the State/UTs, which is a software-driven program to submit information by respective State/UTs on land acquisition for developmental projects.
- The portal is developed in house by the NIC team of the department with zero cost.
- The portal is named as ‘Land Acquisition Compensation Rehabilitation Resettlement Information System’ (larr.dolr.gov.in).
25th CISO Deep Dive Training program
⇒ The 25th CISO Deep Dive Training program was a part of a series of workshops organized by National e-Governance Division under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.
The six-day deep dive training program was for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials from various Ministries & Departments, Government & Semi-Government organisations from Central and State Governments, PSUs, banks, among others.
- The program was conducted from December 13 – 18, 2021.
Topics covered during the program:
Governance Risk & Compliance and Data Privacy, Network Security, End Point Security, Application & Data Security, Cloud Security, Mobile Security, Cryptography, Cyber Security related provisions in IT Act, Security audit, guidelines for preparing CCMP and operation and monitoring of Security Operation Centre (SoC) etc.
- From June 2018 till November 2021, 24 batches of training have already been conducted.
- Around 977 CISOs and other front line IT officials from Central and State Governments, PSUs, Banks and Government organizations have been trained.
27th edition of DST-CII Technology Summit 2021
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Science & Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh addressed the 27th edition of DST-CII Technology Summit 2021 with Brazil, Canada, Russia & the Netherland as country partners in New Delhi.
Addressing the Summit, Dr Jitendra Singh said:
- Artificial Intelligence as one of the frontier technologies is shaping India’s present and future economy.
- India has started seeing the impact of Artificial Intelligence across healthcare, agriculture, education, governance and financial services.
The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), co-organized the 27th edition of the DST- CII Technology Summit from 16th – 17th December 2021 over a digital platform.
- DST-CII Tech summit deliberated on S&T collaboration opportunities between India, the Netherlands, Brazil, Canada & Russia.
- Participants from India, the Netherlands, Brazil, Canada and Russia deliberated on collaboration opportunities between industry, academia, and research intuitions from the different countries in the areas of climate technologies &green economy, advanced manufacturing, new materials, mobility, healthcare, agriculture&water technologies.
- The summit was attended by a global pool of technology experts, government leaders, eminent academicians, industry stalwarts, and startups from India, the Netherlands, Russia, Brazil, Canada, and many other countries.
- During the summit, participants engaged in high-level technology leadership dialogues to explore technology & business partnerships and thereby boost innovation, investment, and trade.
Student from Srikakulam district scaled Mount Kilimanjaro
⇒ A 22-year-old physical education student of a remote village in Srikakulam district scaled Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
- Merugula Nagaraju reached the peak of Kilimanjaro in Africa continent on November 28, 2021.
Nagaraju took one of the toughest routes of Kilimanjaro, the 34 km Marango route, and scaled it in four days. He started on November 25 and reached the peak by 12.25 am on November 28 along with eight others, including two more Indians.
TiE's Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award
⇒ Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumar Mangalam Birla bagged the Global Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Silicon Valley-based The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) has named Kumar Mangalam Birla as the ‘Global Entrepreneur of the Year’ in business transformation. Birla is the first Indian industrialist to receive this award.
Birla joins an exclusive list of global entrepreneurs to receive the award for the year 2021 that include:
- Global Entrepreneur of the Year – Immigrant Entrepreneur: Elon Musk
- Global Entrepreneur of the Year – First Generation: Jeff Bezos
- Global Entrepreneur of the Year – Entrepreneurial CEO: Satya Nadella
President of the International Automobile Federation (FIA)
⇒ Mohamed Ben Sulayem of the United Arab Emirates became the first non-European to be elected president of the International Automobile Federation (FIA), the world governing body of motorsport, succeeding retired Jean Todt.
- The FIA is the governing body for Formula One, the World Rally Championship, World Endurance and Formula E among other series.