The 2022 Durand Cup, oldest football tournament in Asia, was held from 16 August to 18 September, 2022.
This was the 131st edition of the tournament. It was the first edition since it got recognized by Asian Football Confederation.
- This year for the first time the tournament was played in more than one venue.
- For the first time, Manipur is co-hosting the Durand Cup, along with Assam.
- The tournament is hosted by the Durand Football Tournament Society in co-operation with the Eastern Command of the Indian Armed Forces and the Government of West Bengal, supported by the governments Assam and Manipur.
Winner of 2022 Durand Cup:
Indian Super League (ISL) rivals Mumbai City FC and Bengaluru FC played the 2022 Durand Cup final at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on 18 September 2022.
- Bengaluru FC defeated debutant Mumbai City 2–1 to win their first Durand Cup.
- Golden glove: Antonio Dylan (Odisha)
- Golden boot: Lallianzuala Chhangte (Mumbai City)
- Golden ball: Greg Stewart (Mumbai City)
About Durand Cup:
- The Durand Cup is an annual domestic football competition in India which was first held in 1888 in Shimla.
- The tournament is named after its founder Sir Henry Mortimer Durand, the foreign secretary of India from 1884 to 1894.
- The winner of the tournament is presented with three trophies, Durand Cup, Shimla Trophy, President’s Cup.