'Global Investors meet: India Pharma 2021' & 'India Medical Devices 2021'
The 6th edition of International Conference on Pharmaceutical & Medical Device sector i.e. INDIA PHARMA 2021 & INDIA MEDICAL DEVICE 2021 was held from 25-26th February, 2021 & 1-2 March, 2021.
It was organized by FICCI along with Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India, and Invest India.
INDIA PHARMA 2021 Conference was held on the theme of ‘Indian Pharma Industry: Future is Now’.
INDIA MEDICAL DEVICE 2021 Conference was held on the theme of ‘India MedTech Future: Innovate & Make in India through Global Alliance’.
Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Shri D V Sadananda Gowda inaugurated a four day ‘Global Investors meet: India Pharma 2021’ & ‘India Medical Devices 2021’.
During the conference, EY-FICCI report titled- “Indian Pharmaceutical Industry 2021: future is now” was launched.
Key Highlights of the EY-FICCI report titled ‘Indian Pharmaceutical Industry 2021: future is now’:
The opportunities that have emerged to accelerate the growth of Indian pharmaceutical and healthcare industry are:
- Accelerating research and innovation
- Achieving equitable and sustainable healthcare
- Strengthening manufacturing and supply base in domestic and global markets
- Improving access to medicines
6th India Pharma and Medical Device award:
Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India announced the 6th India Pharma and Medical Device award in following categories, Union Minister along with MoS presented the award:
- India Pharma Leader Award: M/s Laurus Labs Limited
- India Pharma Bulk Drug Company of the Year Award: M/s Metrochem API Private Limited
- India Pharma Innovation of the year Award: M/s Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
- India Pharma Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programme of the Year Award: M/s Lupin Limited
- India Medical Devices Company of the Year Award: M/s WrigNanosystems Private Limited
- Special Award in recognition of exceptional leadership & contribution in handling the supply of essential medicine & medical products during the period of COVID-19 pandemic in 2020: Dr. P.D. Vaghela, Former Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals