Assam’s three highest civilian awards (Assam Baibhav, Assam Saurav, and Assam Gaurav) for the year 2021 has been conferred on 24 January 2021.
- This is the first time that the Government of Assam has conferred its highest civilian awards (Assam Baibhav, Assam Saurav, and Assam Gaurav).
Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi conferred the state’s three highest civilian awards to 19 distinguished personalities for their contribution to the fields of philanthropy, education, administration, health, entrepreneurship, academia, sports, among others.
Assam's three highest civilian awards 2021:
Assam Baibhav Award 2021:
Industrialist and Tata Sons chairman emeritus Ratan Naval Tata
- It carries a citation, a medal and a cash amount of Rs 5 lakh. ‘Assam Baibhav’ is Assam’s highest civilian award.
- Ratan Tata was conferred the Assam Baibhav Award for his exceptional contribution towards furthering cancer care in Assam.
Assam Saurav Award 2021:
- Academician Professor Kamalendu Deb Krori
- Dr. Lakhsmanan S in the field of Public Service
- Professor Dipak Chand Jain for Business Management
- Lovlina Borgohain for Sports
- Neel Pawan Baruah in Art and Culture
- It carries a citation, a medal and a cash amount of Rs 4 lakh.
Assam Gaurav Award 2021:
- Munindra Nath Ngatey in the field of Public Service and Vaccination
- Dr. Basanta Hazarika for Health and Covid Management
- Akash Jyoti Gogoi in Poultry Farming
- Manoj Kumar Basumatary in Piggery
- Khorsing Terang in Sports and Mountaineering
- Boby Hazarika for Woman Entrepreneurship
- Hemoprabha Chutia for Weaving
- Namita Kalita in Health and Public Services
- Bornita Momin in Public Service
- Dharanidhar Boro for Wildlife Conservation
- Kaushik Baruah for Agro Exporter and Entrepreneur
- Kalpana Boro in Public Service
- Asif Iqbal in Health and Medicine
- It carries a citation, a medal and a cash amount of Rs 3 lakh.