Successful maiden flight of Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator
⇒ Maiden flight of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator was carried out successfully by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Aeronautical Test Range, Chitradurga, Karnataka on July 01, 2022.
- Operating in a fully autonomous mode, the aircraft exhibited a perfect flight, including take-off, way point navigation and a smooth touchdown.
- The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is designed & developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru, a premier research laboratory of DRDO.
- It is powered by a small turbofan engine.
- The airframe, undercarriage and entire flight control and avionics systems used for the aircraft were developed indigenously.
India’s largest floating solar power project fully operational
⇒ India’s largest floating Solar Power Project is now fully operational. NTPC declared Commercial Operation of the final part capacity of 20 MW out of 100 MW Ramagundam Floating Solar PV Project at Ramagundam, Telangana with effect from July 01, 2022.
- The 100-MW Floating Solar project at Ramagundam is endowed with advanced technology as well as environment friendly features.
- Constructed with financial implication of Rs.423 crores through M/s BHEL as EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contract, the project spreads over 500 acres of its reservoir.
- Divided into 40 blocks, each having 2.5 MW.
- Each block consists of one floating platform and an array of 11,200 solar modules.
- The floating platform consists of one Inverter, Transformer, and a HT breaker. The solar modules are placed on floaters manufactured with HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) material.
- With the operationalisation of 100-MW Solar PV Project at Ramagundam, total commercial operation of Floating Solar Capacity in Southern Region rose to 217 MW.
- Earlier, NTPC declared Commercial operation of 92 MW Floating Solar at Kayamkulam (Kerala) and 25 MW Floating Solar at Simhadri (Andhra Pradesh).
Fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave
⇒ Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated the fifth Global Film Tourism Conclave (GFTC) at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, Mumbai on 01 July 2022.
The theme of the fifth GFTC was ‘Unleashing the Power of Cinematic Tourism’.
PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) organized the fifth GFTC by joining hands with the Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Producers Guild of India is the Synergy Partner for the programme.
- The programme was supported by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board, VFS Global, Jammu & Kashmir Tourism, Superior Industries, Saudi Tourism Authority, Chhattisgarh Tourism Board, IRCTC, Depioneer Holidays India Pvt Ltd and Shekhawati Projects Pvt Ltd.
» Panel Discussions for promotion of Film Tourism in India as well as in other countries were conducted during the Conclave. An Exhibition Platform for destinations and private organizations showcased their locations, tax incentives and other services.
Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) Central Air Command
⇒ Air Marshal AP Singh assumed the appointment of Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) Central Air Command (CAC) on 01 July 2022.
The Air Marshal was commissioned into the fighter stream of IAF on 21 December 1984.
INS Kochi Visits Safaga
⇒ INS Kochi, Mission Deployed in the Red Sea visited Port Safaga, Egypt from 28 – 30 June 2022.
On her departure from Safaga on 30 June 22, INS Kochi participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise with the Egyptian Navy ships ENS Al Zubair and ENS Abu Ubadah (Lurssen Class Offshore Patrol Boats).
The exercise comprised of Visit Board Search and Seizure (VBSS) drills, communication exercise, flag hoist drills and operational manoeuvres including ceremonial steampast.
National Doctor’s Day
⇒ National Doctor’s Day is observed in India every year on July 1 in the memory of Dr Bidhan Roy, the former Chief Minister of Bengal, who was known for his selfless service to humanity.
The theme of National Doctor’s Day 2022 was ‘Family doctors on the front line.’
- The day is commemorated by Indian Medical Association (IMA). The day honours the contributions made by the doctors and healthcare professionals, along with the numerous sacrifices they have made to save millions of lives.
- Dr Bidhan Roy was born on July 1, 1882, and passed away on the same day in 1962. Also called Doctors’ Day, it has been celebrated across the nation every year since 1991.
- Dr Bidhan Roy was also a prominent freedom fighter.
- The Bharat Ratna recipient established many medical institutes such as the Jadavpur TB Hospital, Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital, Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital and the Chittaranjan Seva Sadan for women and children.