Digital India Week 2022
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Gandhinagar, Gujarat on 4th July, 2022.
PM in Gandhinagar:
» Prime Minister inaugurated the Digital India Week 2022, whose theme was ‘Catalyzing New India’s Techade’.
- Digital India Week 2022 was held in Gandhinagar from 4th to 6th July.
- The programme celebrated the anniversary of Digital India and demonstrate how public digital platforms like Aadhaar, UPI, Cowin, Digilocker etc. have enabled ease of living for citizens.
- It showcased India’s technological prowess to the global audience, explored collaboration and business opportunities with a wide range of stakeholders, and presented the Techade of opportunities for NextGen.
- It witnessed participation of Startups and leaders from Government, Industry & Academia.
- A Digital Mela was also organised with over 200 stalls. The Digital Mela showcased digital solutions enabling ease of living and also the solutions that have been developed by Indian Unicorns and Startups.
- Digital India Week also had India Stack Knowledge Exchange in virtual mode from 7th to 9th July.
During the programme, Prime Minister launched multiple digital initiatives aimed at enhancing accessibility of technology, streamlining service delivery to ensure ease of living and giving a boost to startups.
Digital India Bhashini:
Prime Minister launched ‘Digital India Bhashini’ which will enable easy access to the internet and digital services in Indian languages, including voice-based access, and help the creation of content in Indian languages.
- The key intervention in building AI based language technology solutions for Indian languages will be the creation of multilingual datasets.
- Digital India Bhashini will enable massive citizen engagement to build these datasets through a crowdsourcing initiative called BhashaDaan.
Digital India GENESIS:
Prime Minister launched ‘Digital India GENESIS’ (Gen-next Support for Innovative Startups) – a National Deep-tech Startup Platform, to discover, support, grow and make successful startups in Tier-II and Tier-III cities of India. A total outlay of ₹750 Crore has been envisaged for the scheme.
Prime Minister also launched ‘Indiastack.global’ – a global repository of key projects implemented under India Stack like Aadhaar, UPI, Digilocker, CowiN Vaccination Platform, Government e MarketPlace, DIKSHA Platform and Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission.
- This offering of India to the Global Public Digital Goods repository will help position India as the leader of building Digital Transformation projects at population scale, and prove to be of immense help to other countries which are looking for such technology solutions.
Prime Minister dedicated to the citizens ‘MyScheme’ – a service discovery platform facilitating access to Government Schemes.
- It aims to offer a one-stop search and discovery portal where users can find schemes that they are eligible for.
- He also dedicated to the citizens ‘Meri Pehchaan’- National Single Sign On for One Citizen Login.
- National Single Sign-On (NSSO) is a user authentication service in which a single set of credentials provide access to multiple online applications or services.
First cohort of 30 Institutions to be supported under C2S
Prime Minister also announced the first cohort of 30 Institutions to be supported under the Chips to Startup (C2S) Programme.
- The C2S Programme aims to train specialized manpower in the area of design of semiconductor chips at Bachelors, Masters and Research level, and act as a catalyst for growth of Start-ups involved in semiconductor design in the country.
- It offers mentoring at organisational level and makes available State-of-the-art facilities for design to the institutions.
- This is part of the India Semiconductor Mission to build a strong design ecosystem in semiconductors.
9th edition of Indian Pharmacopoeia
⇒ Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Chemicals and Fertilisers, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya chaired IPC Conference 2022 on 01 July 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. He also released 9th edition of Indian Pharmacopoeia.
The theme of this year’s conference was ‘Addressing Medicine Quality for Future’.
About 9th edition of Indian Pharmacopoeia:
- IP 2022 contains a total of 92 new monographs including- 60 Chemical, 21 Vitamins, Minerals, Amino acids, Fatty acids etc., 3 Biotechnology-derived Therapeutic Products, 4 Human Vaccines, 2 Blood and Blood Related Products, 2 Herbs and Herbal Related Products, and 7 Phytopharmaceutical Ingredient Category monographs.
- This has led to the total number of 3152 monographs in the current edition of IP.
- In additions, 12 new general chapters have also been introduced.
- Several monographs and general chapters have also been revised to update them as per current global requirements and to harmonize with other pharmacopoeias like USP, BP, EP, etc.
- The harmonization of standards with global standards is expected to help IP getting recognized and accepted in foreign countries.
About Indian Pharmacopoeia:
- The Indian Pharmacopoeia (IP) is published by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India to fulfil the requirements of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940.
- IP prescribes the official standards for drugs produced and/or marketed in India and thus contributes in the control and assurance of the quality of the medicines.
- The standards of the IP are authoritative and legally enforceable.
- It intends to help in the licensing of manufacturing, inspection and distribution of medicines in our country.
India's Participation in Seychelles Independence Day Celebrations
⇒ The Indian Navy contingent joined the enthusiastic personnel of the Seychelles Defence Force (SDF) and the proud citizens of Republic of Seychelles for the Independence Day celebrations.
- INS Kolkata, an indigenously built Stealth Guided Missile Destroyer of the Indian Navy, was deployed to Port Victoria, Seychelles to coincide with the Independence Day of Seychelles on 29 June 2022.
- A marching contingent of IN personnel along with Musical Band joined the Military Parade held at the Unity Stadium at Roche Caiman on 03 July 2022.
» The deployment marked sustained participation of Indian Military Contingent in the Seychelles National Day since 1976.
International Day of Cooperatives 2022
⇒ International Day of Cooperatives is celebrated annually on the first Saturday of July. International Day of Cooperatives 2022 was observed on 02 July.
- The aim of the Day is to increase awareness of cooperatives and promote the movement’s ideas of international solidarity, economic efficiency, equality, and world peace.
On July 2, cooperatives all around the world celebrated the 100th International Day of Cooperatives (#CoopsDay).
A decade on from the UN International Year of Cooperatives, which showcased the unique contribution of cooperatives to making the world a better place, this year’s #CoopsDay slogan — “Cooperatives Build a Better World”— echoes the theme of the International Year.
» The theme of 100th International Cooperative Day was “Cooperatives Build a Better World”.
- International Day of Cooperatives has been marked by cooperatives worldwide since 1923.
- The first Saturday of July as International Day of Cooperatives was officially proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on the centenary of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) in 1995.
- Since 1995, the ICA and the United Nations through Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives (COPAC) have jointly set the theme for the celebration of International Day of Cooperatives.