India Internet Governance Forum 2021 (IIGF 2021)
⇒ Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, inaugurated the India Internet Governance Forum 2021 (IIGF 2021), a 3-day online event on internet governance, on 25 November 2021.
IIGF 2021 was jointly organized by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) from November 25 to November 27, 2021.
The event was centered around the theme “Empowering India through Power of Internet”, which brought stakeholders of internet governance together to discuss the roadmap for digitization and reaffirm India as an essential participant globally.
- It also highlighted the role and importance of digitization in the international policy development on internet governance.
- The India Internet Government Forum is an initiative associated with the UN Internet Governance Forum (UN-IGF).
- The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is a multistakeholder platform bringing representatives together from various groups to discuss public policy issues related to the Internet.
India’s first Food Museum
⇒ Union minister of consumer affairs, food and public distribution Piyush Goyal inaugurated the India’s first food museum, established by the Food Corporation of India in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu through video conferencing on 15 November 2021.
About food museum:
- The food museum has been co-developed by FCI and Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museums, Bengaluru at a cost of Rs 1.10 crore on an 1,860 sqft area.
- The museum showcases the evolution of man from the nomadic hunter groups into the settled agriculture procedures leading to the beginning of civilization.
- It also displays various ancient grain storage methods, both global and indigenous, challenges in storage, food grain production scenarios across the world as well as in India.
- The museum also digitally displays informative content about the journey of FCI, its present operations and the journey of the food grains from farm to plate through FCI.
Best Regional Rural Bank by ASSOCHAM
⇒ Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVG) Bank was adjudged Best Regional Rural Bank under ‘Regional Rural Banks Category’ by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), Mumbai.
KVG Bank bags award in recognition of its initiatives in Digital Financial Services in response to ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
Over 40 villages had been converted into 100% digital villages by the bank.
Skoch Award 2021
⇒ Hyderabad city police bagged Skoch Award (Silver) for the year 2021 under ‘Police & Safety’ category for its police pre-recruitment training programme project.
United Nations Resident Coordinator in India
⇒ United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres has appointed Shombi Sharp of the United States as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in India, with the host Government’s approval.
He will serve as the secretary-general’s representative for development at the country level and lead the UN team on the ground, including for support to India’s Covid-19 response plans to recover better for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Head of the National Cricket Academy
⇒ Former India batter VVS Laxman took over as new head of the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bengaluru.
Laxman took over from his former batting colleague Rahul Dravid, who was appointed as chief coach of the Indian team following the end of Ravi Shastri’s tenure.
Brazilian Grand Prix 2021
⇒ The 2021 Sao Paulo Grand Prix Formula 1 Race took place on 14 November 2021 over 71 laps of the 4.309- kilometre Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace in Brazil.
Mercedes Driver, Lewis Hamilton won 2021 Sao Paulo Grand Prix.
Note: The Brazilian Grand Prix is currently known as the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.
National Milk Day
⇒ National Milk Day is celebrated across India on November 26.
Every year since 2014, Dr. Varghese Kurien birth anniversary has been observed as the National Milk Day.
November 26, 2021, marks the 100th birth anniversary of Dr Verghese Kurien (Milk Man of India), who is also known as the ‘Father of White Revolution’ in the country.
On the occasion of National Milk Day, Union Minister for Animal Husbandry and Dairying Shri Parshottam Rupala conferred the National Gopal Ratna Awards 2021.
The National Award Committee selected 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranks in each category as under:
About Gopal Ratna Award:
Gopal Ratna Award – one of the highest National Awards in the field of livestock and dairy sector, with an objective to encourage all individuals and Dairy cooperative societies/Milk Producer Company/Dairy farmers Producers Organizations working in this sector, are conferred in three categories, namely-
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle/buffalo Breeds
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT)
- Best Dairy Cooperative/ Milk Producer Company/ Dairy Farmer Producer Organization)
Award consists of a Certificate of merit, a memento and amount in each category as under:
- 1st rank- Rs 5,00,000/-
- 2nd rank- Rs 3,00,000/-
- 3rd rank- Rs 2,00,000/-