International Tourism Mart
⇒ The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, organised the annual event, “International Tourism Mart” (ITM) at Kohima, Nagaland from 27 November to 29 November 2021.
- Nagaland hosted this Mart for the first time.
The ITM was organised with the objective of highlighting the tourism potential of the region in the domestic and international markets.
- This edition of the mart was focused on “domestic tourism”.
The three-day event was attended by over 300 delegates including government officials, industry stakeholders and local participants.
The event was planned and scheduled to facilitate interaction between buyers, sellers, media, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
Around 50 buyers from different regions of the country participated in the Mart and engaged in one-on-one meetings with 75 sellers from the North East Region.
- The International Tourism Marts are organised in the North Eastern States on a rotation basis.
- The earlier editions of this Mart have been held in Guwahati (Assam), Tawang (Arunachal Pradesh), Shillong (Meghalaya), Gangtok (Sikkim), Agartala (Tripura), and Imphal (Manipur).
TiEcon Kerala 2021
⇒ The 10th edition of entrepreneurship conference, ‘TiEcon Kerala 2021’ was held from November 25 to 27, 2021.
The theme of the conference was ‘Despite the pandemic’, focusing on adapting to the new normal and reviving businesses back to growth.
The conference is organized by Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Kerala Chapter.
- Founded in Silicon Valley three decades ago, TiE has 62 chapters globally.
- TiE focuses on fostering entrepreneurship and nurturing entrepreneurs through five ‘Five Pillars of TiE’ as mentoring, networking, education, incubating and funding.
19th edition of the Pune International Film Festival
⇒ The 19th edition of the Pune International Film Festival (PIFF) was held between December 2-9, 2021.
- It was organized by Pune Film Foundation.
Award winners 2021:
Akhil Bhartiya Marathi Chitrapat Mahamandal:
Best Screenplay: Ramesh Maruti Dighe for the film ‘Funeral’
Best Cinematographer: Suresh Deshmane for the film Kalokhachya Parambya (Prop Shoots of Darkness)
Best Film Actor: Shashank Shende for the film Happy My Son (Porga Majetay) By Makrand Mane
Best Actress: Neha Pendse for the film ‘June.’
Best Film Director: Vivek Dubey, the director of the film ‘Funeral’
Government of Maharashtra “Sant Tukaram” Best International Marathi Film:
Happy My Son (Porga Majetay)
- Produced by Ninetynine Productions (Vijay Shende, Shashank Shende & Makrand Mane)
- Directed By Makrand Mane
MIT-SFT Human Spirit Award (Instituted by MIT-SCHOOL OF FILM & TELEVISION):
True Mothers directed by Naomi Kawase
Government of Maharashtra “Prabhat” Best International Film Director:
Gaurav Madan for the film ‘Barah By Barah’
Government of Maharashtra “Prabhat” Best International Film:
film ‘Should the Wind Drop’
- Directed by Nora Martirosyan
- Producers: SISTER Productions (France), Aneva Production (Armenia), Kwassa Films (Belgium)
Prime Minister of Sweden
⇒ Sweden’s parliament elected Magdalena Andersson as the country’s prime minister, on 29 November 2021. She became the country’s first female prime minister.
The leader of the Swedish Social Democratic Party, Magdalena Andersson, was installed as prime minister on 30 November 2021.
Lifetime Achievement Award 2021
⇒ Indian badminton great Prakash Padukone has been selected for the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award for year 2021 from the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
The BWF Council shortlisted the Indian legend based on the award commission’s recommendation.
The former world no 1 and the first-ever Indian world championships medallist, Padukone has contributed immensely to the game.
In 2018, he was also honoured with the Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) Lifetime Achievement Award.
ICC hall of fame
⇒ International Cricket Council (ICC) announced in November 2021 that cricketers Mahela Jayawardena (Sri Lanka), Shaun Pollock (SA), and Janette Brittin (England) were inducted into the hall of fame.
- Former England cricketer Janette Brittin played 27 Tests and 63 ODIs for England between 1979 and 1998
- Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene played 652 international matches – 149 Tests, 448 ODIs and 55 T20Is
- Shaun Pollock played 108 Tests, 303 ODIs and 12 T20Is.
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
⇒ International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed every year on 25 November.
For the year 2021, the theme of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was ‘Orange the World: End Violence against Women Now’.
- This day is marked to prevent as well as respond to violence against women and to apprise people about the basic human rights of women and gender equality.
On 7 February 2000, the General Assembly adopts resolution 54/134, officially designating 25 November as the International day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.