- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda launched two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare in collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art of Living (AoL), on 27th October 2020.
The first initiative ‘Strengthening PRIs’ will be launched in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayats and 150 villages of Jharkhand. This is to creating awareness among elected representatives of ‘PRI’ about various Tribal Acts and Rules and different welfare schemes available for these tribals and help them getting access to these schemes.
The second is about training 10000 tribal farmers in Aurangabad District of Maharashtra on sustainable natural farming based on Go-Adharith farming techniques.
- Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually inaugurated the DST-IIEST Solar PV Hub at IIEST, Shibpur, on 27th October 2020.
This Hub will help in aligning the national as well as local industries, research institutes, and start-ups with the ”Make in India Mission” towards a smooth transition from fossil fuel energy to solar energy scenario.
Parampara Series 2020:
- The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu launched the virtual festival of “Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance”, on 27th October, 2020. It has been organised by Natya Tarangini in partnership with the United Nations.
Natya Tarangini is organising the “Parampara Series” continuously since past 23 years. This is the 24th Parampara Series.
This festival has been organized on 27 October, to coincide with the World Day for Audio-visual Heritage. Its weekend series started on 30th October & it will end on 22nd November, 2020.
- Malayalam writer Paul Zacharia has been selected for 28th Ezhuthachan Puraskaram for the year 2020. This is the Kerala government’s highest literary honour.
A five-member jury, headed by Kerala Sahitya Akademi President Vyshakhan selected him for his contribution to Malayalam literature during the past five decades.
He also won Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award in 1979 & Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award in 2004.
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) meeting was held on 27th October 2020.
IFSCA Authority Board approved the following two Regulations:
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (Bullion Exchange) Regulations, 2020
- International Financial Services Centres Authority (Global In-House Centres) Regulations, 2020
- Department of Posts, Government of India and United States Postal Service has signed agreement for Electronic Exchange of Customs data related to postal shipments exchanged between the two countries.
The agreement will make it possible to transmit and receive electronic data of international postal items prior to their physical arrival at the destination. It would enable customs clearance of postal items in advance in line with the evolving global postal framework.
The agreement aims to facilitate “ease of exports” for small and large exporters through postal channels. This will also improve the performance of postal services in terms of reliability, visibility and security.
- The BCCI on 01st November, 2020 announced Jio as the title sponsor of the Women’s T20 Challenge. It will be held in Sharjah, UAE from November 4 to 9.
- Tamil Nadu Agriculture Minister R. Doraikkannu died in Chennai on 31st October 2020, after battling COVID-19 related complications. He was 72.