- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao inaugurated “Rythu Vedika” initiative in the state in Kodakandla, Jangaon district, on 31st October, 2020. This is an initiative to bring farmers under one platform and help them attain higher returns. The government has allocated Rs 572.22 crore for constructing Rythu Vedikas.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at ‘4th India Energy Forum CERAWeek’ on October 26, 2020. The theme of this edition is “India’s Energy Future in a world of Change”. The Prime Minister said India’s Energy Plan aims to ensure energy justice while fully following India’s global commitments for sustainable growth.
PM said India’s energy map will have seven key drivers:
1. Accelerating our efforts to move towards a gas-based economy.
2. Cleaner use of fossil fuels particularly petroleum and coal
3. Greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels.
4. Achieving the renewables target of 450 GW by 2030.
5. Increasing the contribution of electricity to de-carbonize mobility.
6. Moving into the emerging fuels including hydrogen.
7. Digital innovation across all the energy systems.
- A major reforms regarding Child Care Leave has been brought by Department of Personnel & Training. Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh said the male employees of the government are also now entitled to Child Care Leave.
However, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh said that the provision and privilege of Child Care Leave will be available only for those male employees who happen to be “single male parent,” which may include male employees who are widowers or divorcees or even unmarried and may therefore, be expected to take up the responsibility of child care as a single – handed parent.
- Dr. Ramineni Foundation chairman Dharmapracharak Ramineni has announced the awardees, on 31st October, 2020.
Dr Ramineni foundation, awards only four awards which include one Visishta Puraskaaram and three Visesha Puraskaarams. It is presented every year since 1999 on October 12 to mark the birth anniversary of Dr Ramineni Ayanna Chowdary.
For the first time the Foundation has decided to create and confer a special jury award called Pratyeka Puraskaaram on Sonu Sood, a non-Telugu person on popular demand by many Telugus.
Visishta Puraskaaram: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) chairman Govinda Rajulu Chintala
Three Visesha Puraskaarams: Anchor and actor Suma Kanakala; Badminton umpire and referee Sudhakar Vemuri; and Dwarakamai Seva Trust founder Bandlamudi Srinivas.
- AIM (Atal Innovation Mission), in association with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), is organizing a two-day hackathon on circular economy. The ‘India–Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE)‘ will be organised, on 7 and 8 December.
The four key themes for the hackathon are as follows:
- Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- Creating opportunities for plastic waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste
- The Alexis Vastine International Boxing Tournament was held in Nantes, France. In this tournament Indian boxers Amit Panghal (52kg), Sanjeet (91kg) and Ashish Kumar (75kg) have won gold medals, on 30th October, 2020.
- Scottish actor Sean Connery, who played the original on-screen James Bond role, has died on 31st October, 2020. He was 90.
- The West Bengal Transport Corporation Managing Director Rajanvir Kapur said, WBTC will launch the ‘Tyre Park‘ soon. This will be the India’s first Tyre Park, where artworks made from scrap and defective parts will be on display. The Tyre Park will be at Esplanade area. It would have a small cafe where people can sit, relax and enjoy the craftsmanship made from tyres.