National Conference of Labour Ministers of all States and Union Territories
⇒ The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the National Conference of Labour Ministers of all States and Union Territories on 25th August, 2022 via video conferencing.
- The two-day Conference was organised by the Union Ministry of Labour & Employment on 25-26 August, 2022 at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
The Conference had four thematic sessions:
- Integrating e-Shram portal for on-boarding social security schemes to universalize social protection;
- Swasthya se Samriddhi for improving medical care through ESI hospitals run by State Governments and integration with PMJAY;
- Framing of rules under four Labour Codes and modalities for their implementation;
- Vision Shramev Jayate @ 2047 with focus on just and equitable conditions of work, social protection to all workers, including gig & platform workers, gender equality at work, among other issues.
The Conference was convened in the spirit of cooperative federalism to discuss various significant labour related issues. It helped in creating further synergy amongst the Centre and State Governments in formulating better policies and ensuring effective implementation of schemes for the welfare of workers.
» Union Labour Minister Shri Bhupender Yadav in his concluding address informed the Centre’s initiatives for expansion and improvement in service delivery mechanism of ESIC.
6th National Symposium on “Shaping the Energy Future: Challenges and Opportunities”
⇒ CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehardun organized the 6th National Symposium on “Shaping the Energy Future: Challenges and Opportunities” (SEFCO) during 26-27 August, 2022.
This year the symposium was focus on the theme “Innovative Steps towards Net-Zero Clean Energy in India by 2070”.
Sponsors & partner:
The sponsors of this symposium were IOCL, EIL, BPCL, ONGC, GAIL, CPCL, BHEL, and ACS Publications. In addition, DEW Journals was the knowledge and publicity partner of this symposium.
» The two-day symposium presented an exclusive spectrum of scientific sessions to industries, academia, scientists and technologists. More than 200 delegates from various national organizations had registered for this seminar.
» This event has been organized every year since 2017 to bring together leading academics, scientists, faculty, industry experts, and research scholars working in diverse areas of energy and the environment.
Annual Meeting of the Defence Ministers' of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Member States
⇒ Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh visited Tashkent, Uzbekistan from 23rd to 25th August, 2022 to attend the Annual Meeting of the Defence Ministers’ of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States.
- Uzbekistan was the host country of the Annual Meeting.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh, on 23 August, reached Tashkent, Uzbekistan on a three-day official visit.
On the first day of his engagements, Shri Rajnath Singh held bilateral meetings with his Uzbek counterpart Lieutenant General Bakhodir Kurbanov, Defence Minister of Kazakhstan Colonel General Zhaksylykov Ruslan Zhakslykov and Belarusian Defence Minister Lieutenant General Viktor Khrenin.
- The entire spectrum of defence cooperation with the three countries was reviewed during the meetings, with focus on identifying avenues to expand mutually beneficial collaboration. Issues of mutual interest were also discussed.
» Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has called upon Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) to unitedly fight against terrorism and eliminate the menace in all its forms.
Addressing the SCO Defence Ministers’ meeting at Tashkent, Uzbekistan on August 24, 2022, the Raksha Mantri asserted that terrorism in any form, including cross-border terrorism, committed by anyone and for whatever purpose, is a crime against humanity.
- Raksha Mantri proposed to host a workshop in India in 2023 on the theme ‘Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief – Risk mitigation and Disaster Resilient Infrastructure’ for the Defence Ministries of SCO Member States.
- He also suggested an annual seminar on ‘Topic of Interest’ among the defence think tanks of SCO countries. He proposes to organise the first such defence think tank seminar in India in 2023.
» The next SCO Defence Ministers’ Meeting will be held in the Republic of India in 2023.
MoU between AAI and LFV Air Navigation Services
⇒ Airports Authority of India (AAI) and LFV Air Navigation Services of Sweden (LUFTFARTSVERKET) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 26 August 2022 at the Corporate Headquarters of AAI in New Delhi.
- The agreement brings together two air navigation service providers, India and Sweden, with demonstrated capabilities in building and operationalizing the next generation of sustainable aviation technology, to explore smart aviation solutions.
- This MoU shall pave the way for bi-lateral exchange of aviation expertise and technology between the two countries. It will allow the Indian companies to accelerate growth while leveraging Swedish innovation and expertise.
Acknowledging the pressing need for rapid development concerning next-generation smart airports and the necessity to build sustainable transport systems, both parties consented to the following elements of the MoU:
- Exchange of aviation knowledge and technical transfer program
- Promote close and friendly relations between the two agencies
- Aim to expand technical cooperation in airports
- Support the development of a safe, secure, sustainable, and efficient aviation sector
- Positive contributions in promoting bilateral and international trade
AAI and LFV, both Government agencies of India and Sweden respectively, will jointly collaborate on the following co-operation areas:
- Air Traffic Management
- Air Traffic Control
- Remote Airport Management and Traffic Control
- Airspace Design and Planning
- Airport Design and Infrastructure
- Digitalized Airport and Aviation
- Capability and Training
- Sustainable Airports and Aviation
- Processes for pilots
- Processes for scale-up
71st Inter Service Aquatics Championship for the year 2022
⇒ The 71st Inter Service Aquatics Championship for the year 2022 was held from August 22 to 26 at Command Swimming Pool, Headquarters Eastern Naval Command, Visakhapatnam.
The annual Championship is conducted under the aegis of the Services Sports Control Board and aims to select Services sportsmen for representation in National and thereafter International aquatics events.
The Services fielded four teams, two from Army and one each from the Navy and Air Force.
- The Championship was conducted over the next five days and witnessed individual and team events in swimming, water polo, springboard and high-board dive. Over 150 participants from all three services participated in the Championship.
The Indian Navy Team won the 71st Inter- Service Aquatics Championship for the year 2022.
- The Navy team bagged the championship by scoring 136 points, followed by Team Army Red 87 points, Team Army Green 30 points and Air Force Team 27 points.
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Sadhu, Admiral Superintendent Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam, presented the Indian Navy with the Swimming and Water Polo trophies.
H London Singh, Havildar from the Army Red Team, was adjudged the Best Diver.
Rudransh Mishra, Spr, also from Team Army Red, was adjudged the Best Swimmer.