- The Kochi Metropolitan Transport Authority will come into effect in Kochi on November 1. Kerala Assembly passed the Kerala Metropolitan Transport Authority (KMTA) bill in November 2019 that cleared the way for metropolitan transport authorities to be formed in three cities in the state: Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kochi.
It will be an independent body & also responsible for operation, maintenance, development and supervision of public transport.
- Dr Satish Mishra, Principal Scientist of Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology, CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow, has been selected for “Dr Tulsi Das Chugh Award- 2020”. The award has been given by Orations & Awards Committee of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India). This award is given to him for his research to understand the complex process of the life cycle of malaria parasites.
- On 28th October, 2020, NITI Aayog and Quality Council of India launched the ‘National Program and Project Management Policy Framework’. The initiative is launched under the concept of bringing significant improvements in the way infrastructure projects are executed in India.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari unveiled the Indian Infrastructure Body of Knowledge (InBoK), a book on the practice of program and project management in India, and launched the framework.
- 19th Meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Ministers was hosted by India, on 28th October 2020. The meeting of SCO Ministers was upon Foreign Economy and Foreign Trade Activities.
This meeting was attended by the Secretary General of SCO and Ministers from, Kyrgyz Republic, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
- A webinar between India and UAE was held on 27 October 2020 under the aegis of Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence, through the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers.
The theme of the webinar was: “Indian Defence Industry Global Outreach for Collaborative Partnership: Webinar and Expo India – UAE Defence Cooperation”. The webinar was organised to boost defence exports.
- NTPC Limited on 28th October 2020 entered into a foreign currency loan agreement with the Japanese Government’s Financial Institution to get its first funding under Japan Bank for International Co-operation (JBIC)’s GREEN or Global Action for Reconciling Economic growth and Environment preservation initiative.
Under the agreement, NTPC Limited will get 50 billion Japanese Yen (about 482 million dollars or 3,582 crore rupees). The loan proceeds will be utilized by NTPC ltd for funding its capex for Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) & Renewable Energy projects.
- Priyanca Radhakrishnan became the first-ever Indian-origin minister of New Zealand, on 02nd November, 2020. She was inducted into the executive by the country’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
- Aditya Puri has joined US-based global investment firm the Carlyle Group as a senior advisor. He was the Former managing director of HDFC Bank.
The Carlyle Group in a statement on 02nd November 2020 said, Aditya Puri will advise the Carlyle team on investment opportunities across Asia.
- Lewis Hamilton won the 2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix for Mercedes. It was takes place in Imola, northern Italy. Race was held over 63 laps of the 4.959-kilometre Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, former home of the San Marino GP, on November 1.
- Former India pacer Irfan Pathan will play in the Lanka Premier League for Kandy Tuskers franchise.
LPL will be played from November 21 to December 13 at two venues: Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium in Hambantota and Pallekele International Cricket Stadium in Kandy