125th anniversary celebrations of Prabuddha Bharata:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the 125th anniversary celebrations of ‘Prabuddha Bharata’, a monthly journal of the Ramakrishna Order, started by Swami Vivekananda in 1896, on 31st January, 2021. The event was organized by Advaita Ashrama, Mayavati.
First PPP Research Reactor:
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has evolved a design for the first PPP Research Reactor for production of Nuclear Medicines. The proposed reactor is expected to come online within five years of the beginning of the construction.
Covid Performance Index:
- India has been ranked 86th in a coronavirus performance index comprising 98 countries. Covid performance index has compiled by the Sydney-based Lowy Institute. New Zealand topped in the rankings list, while Brazil placed at the bottom of the list. Read More
Indo-French Year of the Environment:
- Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Prakash Javadekar and Ms Barbara Pompili, the French Minister for Ecological Transition launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment in New Delhi on 28 January 2021.
The basic objective is to strengthen Indo-French cooperation in sustainable development, increase the effectiveness of actions in favor of global environment protection and give them greater visibility.
The Indo-French Year of the Environment over the period 2021-2022 would be based on five main themes:
- Environmental protection
- Climate change
- Biodiversity conservation
- Sustainable urban development
- The development of renewable energies and energy efficiency
47th Session of the Committee on World Food Security:
- 47th Session of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS 47) was held from 8 February to 11 February, 2021.
The theme for CFS 47 was, “Making a Difference in Food Security and Nutrition”.
Second Annual World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Day:
- January 30, 2021 has been marked as the second annual World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Day, highlighting the global community’s commitment to ending Neglected Tropical Diseases that cause immeasurable suffering among the world’s most marginalized communities.
On World NTD Day, on 30th January 2021, more than 50 landmarks representing 25 nations were light up across the world, to strengthen mutual unity and commitment against these diseases.
India was proudly joined these countries, by illuminating UNESCO world heritage site Qutub Minar.