Initiatives launched under Bhasha Sangam
⇒ Union Education and Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Bhasha Sangam Initiative for schools, Bhasha Sangam Mobile App and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Quiz App, to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated every year on October 31 to mark the birth anniversary of Shri Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Bhasha Sangam is an initiative of the Ministry of Education under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages. The idea is that people should acquire basic conversational skills in an Indian language other than their mother tongue.
Initiatives launched under Bhasha Sangam:
- Bhasha Sangam Initiative for schools:
- Developed by NCERT
- 100 sentences in 22 scheduled languages are presented in such a way that children in school will be able to read in the Indian language, in Devanagari script, in roman script and translations into Hindi and English.
- 100 sentences are presented in audio and video form with Indian Sign Language.
- Through this programme of Bhasha Sangam learners in school will be able to get acquainted with all the languages-their scripts, pronunciation.
- Available on DIKSHA, ePathshala and 22 booklets.
2. Bhasha Sangam Mobile App:
- This is an initiative of DoHE, in collaboration with MyGov.
- The App has been developed by a start up Multibhashi, selected by myGov through a competition.
- The App initially has 100 sentences of every day usage in 22 Indian languages. These sentences are available in both Roman script and in the script of the given language, and also in audio format. More sentences will be added to the list.
- A learner will pass through stages on the basis of testing. There is also a detailed testing in the end with generation of digital certificate.
3. EBSB Quiz App:
- EBSB Quiz game is targeted toward children and youngsters of Bharat for helping them learn more about our different regions, states, culture, national Heroes, monuments, traditions, tourist locations, languages, geography, history, topography.
- A Mobile App based quiz with over 10,000 questions on states of India developed by Nazara Technologies through the Innovation Cell of this Ministry.
- The game play is simple – Play Quizzes, Learn & Achieve Grades. Moreover, this quiz has 15 different levels of toughness.
- This game is currently available in English and Hindi. In the next 3 months EBSB quiz will be also available in 12 other different regional languages.
Directorial Debut at COP-26 Summit
⇒ UK-based Indian-origin artist and musician Soumik Datta made his directorial debut at the COP-26 Summit in Glasgow when his climate action focussed ‘Songs of the Earth‘ premiered.
The 24 minutes long film is animated by Indian illustrators Sachin Bhatt and Anjali Kamat.
UNGA committee endorsed India’s Resolution to Grant Observer Status to the ISA
⇒ UNGA committee endorsed India’s resolution to grant Observer Status to the International Solar Alliance.
World leaders gathered for the climate change summit in Glasgow, a draft resolution introduced by India for granting the Observer Status to the International Solar Alliance has been adopted in a UN General Assembly committee.
The draft resolution was adopted in the General Assembly’s Sixth Committee, that deals with legal issues, without a vote.
2021 French Open
⇒ The 2021 French Open (Yonex French Open 2021) was a badminton tournament that took place at the Stade Pierre de Coubertin in Paris, France, from 26 to 31 October 2021.
- Kanta Tsuneyama (Japan)
- Ko Sung-hyun (South Korea)
- Shin Baek-cheol (South Korea)
- Yuta Watanabe (Japan)
- Arisa Higashino (Japan)
- Akane Yamaguchi (Japan)
- Lee So-hee (South Korea)
- Shin Seung-chan (South Korea)
- Haryana celebrates its foundation day every year on 1 November.
- Madhya Pradesh celebrates its foundation day every year on 1 November.
- Chhattisgarh celebrates its foundation day every year on 1 November.
- Andhra Pradesh celebrates its formation day every year on 1 November.
World Stroke Day 2021
⇒ World Stroke Day takes place on Oct 29th every year.
World Stroke Day was established by WSO to increase awareness and drive action on stroke around the world.
Theme for World Stroke Day 2021:
For 2021 and 2022, the WSO campaign aims to focus on raising awareness of the signs of stroke and the need for timely access to quality stroke treatment.
“When somebody has a stroke, every second that goes by is crucial. As brain tissue and millions of neurons begin to fade away, time could not be more precious.”