- ‘TRIFED’ (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India) under Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT, Kanpur, launched “Tech for Tribals” initiative on 13 Oct 2020.
The program titled “Tech for Tribals” aims at the holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs (Self Help Groups) operating through Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs).
- Uttarakhand State Level Consultation Meet on National “Science, Technology and Innovation Policy – 2020” was held on 11th October 2020, as part of the elaborate consultation process for the new Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 that is being formulated. This Consultation Meet was organized by the ‘Dev Bhoomi Vigyan Samiti Uttarakhand’, State Unit of Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launched the first blasting for construction related work at the 14.15 km Zojila tunnel on 15 Oct 2020. The construction work again started after re-modelling of the project for 14.15-km long tunnel at an altitude of about 3,000 m under Zojila pass on NH-1 connecting Srinagar and Leh through Drass and Kargil.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the State’s first water taxi and a catamaran boat service of the State Water Transport Department (SWTD) from Alappuzha on 15th October, 2020.
- Health Secretary J. Radhakrishnan was conferred with the Professor K. V. Thiruvengadam Award 2020. The award instituted by Rotary Club of Madras East and Kauvery Hospital.
- India and France were re-elected as the President and Co-President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), for a term of two years.
- World Standards Day 2020 is celebrated every year on 14 October, which is a means of paying tribute to the collaborative efforts of thousands of experts worldwide who develop the voluntary technical agreements that are published as International Standards. For this year World Standards Day theme was “Protecting the planet with standards”.
- Global Handwashing Day is celebrated every year on October 15. For this year theme was “Hand Hygiene for All“.
Global Handwashing Day is dedicated to increasing awareness and understanding about the importance of handwashing with soap as an effective and affordable way to prevent diseases and save lives.
On the ocassion of Global Handwashing Day, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched a “Hath dhona, roke corona” campaign.
- Costume designer, Bhanu Athaiya died in mumbai on 15 October 2020 after prolonged illness. She was 91. Bhanu Athaiya was won an India’s first Oscar prize for her work in the 1983 epic film “Gandhi”.
- Former MLA P Vetrivel Passed away on 15th October 2020. He was 60. He was admitted for COVID-19 treatment at a private hospital in Chennai. He was the treasurer of AMMK.