- Indian Army has developed a simple and secure messaging application named the “Secure Application for Internet (SAI)”. It supports end to end secure voice, text and video calling services for Android platform. This application is similar to messaging applications like WhatsApp, Telegram etc.
- On the occasion of National Unity Day, Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju, along with Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal flagged off 200-km long “Fit India Walkathon” on October 31 at Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
It was organised by Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) & held for 3 days from 31st October to 2nd November. ‘Fit India Walkathon’ aims to create awareness about fit and healthy lifestyle in India.
- Union Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan on 29th October 2020 launched a Scheme titled “SERB-POWER (Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research)”, designed exclusively for women scientists.
SERB – POWER Scheme will have two components namely:
(i) SERB-POWER Fellowship
(ii) SERB- POWER Research Grants
It is a scheme to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research funding in various S & T programs in Indian academic institutions and R & D laboratories.
- World’s first scientoon book entitled “Bye Bye Corona” was released on 29th October 2020 at a function held at Raj Bhawan, Lucknow, by Ms. Anandi Ben, Governor, Uttar Pradesh.
The book has been written by ‘scientoonist’ Dr Pradeep Srivastava. He was former Senior Principal Scientist at CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow.
Other than him, seven students ‘scientoonists’ namely Ms. Lakiesha Inacia Coehlho E Costa, Ms. Da Costa Maria Scimran Blossom, Ms. Priyanka Shanke, Ms Samaradini Paigankar, Ms. Selcea Savia Da Costa, Mr. Prathamesh P. Shetgaonkar and Vishal Mulia, also contributed to the book.
The book has been published by Vigyan Prasar, under the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
The 220 pages book contains comprehensive information on novel corona virus pandemic, its symptoms and its prevention through precautions.
Dr Srivastava informed, Post its launch in India, the book would soon be released in Brazil under Brazil-India Network program and would possibly be translated into Portuguese language.
- O. V. Vijayan Memorial Committee announced O. V. Vijayan Memorial Literary Awards for best stories, best novel and best youth story on 02 November 2020.
Best stories- Writers T. Padmanabhan
Best Novel– Subhash Chandran
Best Youth Story- Amal Raj
- Andhra Pradesh celebrates State Formation Day, on 01st November, 2020.
- Haryana celebrated Statehood Day on 01st November, 2020.
- Chhattisgarh celebrated State Foundation Day on 01st November, 2020.
- Karnataka state celebrated Karnataka Rajyotsava on 01st November, 2020.
- Madhya Pradesh State celebrated Statehood Day on 01st November, 2020.
- Kerala State celebrated Foundation Day on 01st November, 2020.
- Films Division streamed a biographical documentary of Sardar Patel “Iron Man – Sardar Patel” on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas i.e. on 31st October 2020, as a tribute.
- DYFI Leader and Kerala Youth Welfare Board vice-chairman P. Biju passed away due to heart attack on 04 November 2020. He was 42.
- Actor Faraaz Khan died due to prolonged illness in Bengaluru, on 03 November 2020. He was 46. He was worked in 1990s movies such as “Fareb” and “Mehndi”.