Books released during Ganga Utsav 2021
⇒ On the occasion of Ganga Utsav 2021 various books were released.
- Curtain Raiser of Ganga Knowledge Portal was launched to develop robust knowledge management system for rivers.
» First comic book ‘Chacha Chaudhary and Ganga Utsav’ was released in context of already sanctioned initiative to connect children through this effective medium of comics as Chacha Chaudhary and Ganga kiBaat.
» The book of sponsored thesis, ‘Re-Imagining Urban Rivers’ was launched at Ganga Utsav 2021.
- This is developed out of another innovative attempt of NamamiGange mission to involve students developing holistic thinking for Urban rivers through a thesis competition in partnership with National Institute of Urban Affairs.
» A book ‘Celebrating the spirit of Rivers’ developed by INTACH was launched by Union Minister of Tourism Shri G Kishan Reddy and MoS, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- Shri Manu Bhatnagar, Principle Director, INTACH was present on behalf of INTACH at the launch.
‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards
⇒ The Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Shri Amit Shah launched the ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards at the national level in New Delhi.
On the auspicious occasion of ‘Dhanvantri Pooja’, which is celebrated in the honour of ‘The God of Medicine’, the process of distribution of health cards across CAPFs was begun.
About Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme:
» CAPF personnel and their families are able to avail cashless in-patient and out-patient healthcare facilities at all Hospitals empanelled under Ayushmaan Bharat PM-JAY or CGHS.
» The pan-India roll out of Ayushmaan Scheme for CAPFs provides seamless access to healthcare services to all serving CAPF personnel and their dependents anywhere in the country at all AB PM-JAY and CGHS empanelled hospitals.
» The scheme has been designed to cover all serving personnel and their dependents of the seven Central Armed Police Forces under MHA, namely, Assam Rifles, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo-Tibetan Border Police, National Security Guard and Sashastra Seema Bal.
» The target was to complete the distribution of about 35 lakh cards by December 2021.
- Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah had launched ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme on Pilot basis in the State of Assam on 23rd January, 2021 to provide healthcare services to all Central Armed Police Force (CAPFs) personnel and their dependents.
- The Scheme is a joint initiative of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and National Health Authority (NHA).
MoU between Flipkart and Ministry of Rural Development
⇒ Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Rural Development of the Government of India (MoRD), for their ambitious Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) program.
- The MoU has been signed to help empower local businesses and self-help groups – especially those that are led by women – by bringing them into the e-commerce fold.
» The partnership is aligned with the DAY-NRLM’s goal of strengthening the capabilities of rural communities for self-employment and entrepreneurship, thus providing further impetus to the Prime Minister’s vision of an “Atmanirbhar Bharat”.
» This MoU is a part of the Flipkart Samarth program.
- It aims to provide skilled yet under-served communities of craftsmen, weavers and artisans with national market access through the Flipkart marketplace, as well as dedicated support for knowledge and training.
About Flipkart Samarth:
- Flipkart Samarth seeks to break entry barriers for local communities by providing time-bound incubation and support with onboarding, cataloging, marketing, account management, business insights, and warehousing.
- The Flipkart Samarth program was launched in 2019 as a sustainable and inclusive platform to empower underserved domestic communities and businesses with better opportunities and livelihoods.
- Flipkart Samarth is currently supporting the livelihoods of over 9,50,000 artisans, weavers and craftsmen across India, and is continuously working towards bringing even more sellers onto the platform.
⇒ Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA), a PSU under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) launched a ‘Whistle-blower Portal’, as a part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’ on November 2021.
Through this portal, IREDA employees can raise concerns related to fraud, corruption, abuse of power etc. The portal has been developed by IT Team of the company.
Acquisition of Exide Life Insurance Company Limited
⇒ The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition by HDFC Life Insurance Company (Acquirer) of 100% shareholding in Exide Life Insurance Company Limited (Target).
The Proposed Combination involves acquisition of fully paid-up equity shares, representing 100% of Target by the Acquirer from Exide Industries Limited.
International One Health Day
⇒ International One Health Day is celebrated every year on 3 November across the world.
Celebration in India:
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India celebrated International One Health Day on November 3, 2021 by organizing a Stakeholder Forum on the theme ‘Industry and One Health’ as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
November 3, 2021 marked the sixth International One Health Day highlighting the need for a One Health approach to address interrelated health threats at the human-animal-environment interface.
The day seeks to highlight interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary engagements as well as multisectoral collaboration as aspects crucial to the implementation of the One Health concept.
About One Health Day:
- International One Health Day was initiated in 2016.
- One Health Day is an international campaign co-coordinated by the One Health Commission, the One Health Initiative Autonomous pro bono Team and the One Health Platform Foundation.
- The goal of One Health Day is to bring attention around the world to the need for One Health interactions and for the world to ‘see them in action’.