Vernacular Innovation Program (VIP)
⇒ Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has come up with a first of its kind Vernacular Innovation Program (VIP), which will enable innovators and entrepreneurs in India to have access to the innovation ecosystem in 22 scheduled languages by the Government of India.
- The program has been launched with an ambition to empower innovators and entrepreneurs across the country.
- To build the necessary capacity for the VIP, AIM has identified and will be training a Vernacular Task Force (VTF) in each of the 22 scheduled languages.
- Each task force comprises of vernacular language teachers, subject experts, technical writers, and the leadership of regional Atal Incubation Centers (AICs).
- India may be the first nation in the world to launch such an initiative where an innovation ecosystem catering to 22 languages plus English is being built.
Local Brand Namdapha Goodness
⇒ North Eastern Region Community Resource Management Society, Meghalaya in collaboration with Changlang Community Resource Management Society, Arunachal Pradesh launched Local Brand Namdapha Goodness in Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh named after iconic Namdapha National Park located in the Changlang district, Namdapha.
» Currently, a variety of products including edibles such as banana chips; spices such as ginger and turmeric powder, bakery items, locally spun clothes and sanitary napkins is being marketed under the brand.
North Eastern Region Community Resource Management Society (NERCRMS) is a registered society under the aegis of North Eastern Council (NEC) and Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Govt of India.
Flight-Test of Indigenous Aerial Target ‘Abhyas’
⇒ DRDO successfully conducted the flight test of Indigenously developed High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) Abhyas from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast, Odisha on 23 December 2021.
» During the flight trial, High subsonic speed trajectory at a very low altitude with high endurance was demonstrated. Two boosters provided initial acceleration during launch and a small turbo jet engine is used to sustain high subsonic speed with long endurance.
Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), bengaluru based DRDO laboratory along with other DRDO laboratories has developed this indigenous unmanned aerial target system to meet the requirement of aerial targets of Indian Armed Forces.
Indian Army's in-House Messaging Solution
⇒ The Indian Army, launched a contemporary messaging application named, ASIGMA (Army Secure IndiGeneous Messaging Application) on 23 December 2021.
» ASIGMA is a new generation, state of the art, web-based application developed entirely in-house by team of officers of the Corps of Signals of the Army.
- It has a variety of contemporary features including multi-level security, message prioritisation and tracking, dynamic global address book and various options to meet the Army’s requirements.
- This future ready messaging application will meet real time data transfer and messaging requirements of the Army, especially in the backdrop of current geo political security environment and is in line with the Government of India’s, Make in India initiative.
- The application is being deployed on the Army’s internal network as a replacement of Army Wide Area Network (AWAN) messaging application which has been in service for past 15 years.
Finance Contract between GoI and EIB
⇒ The Government of India and European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a Finance Contract for first tranche loan of Euro 250 million for Agra Metro Rail Project on 22 December 2021.
- EIB had approved a total loan of Euro 450 million to fund the Agra Metro Rail Project.
- The financing from EIB will help to fund construction of 29.4 km metro corridor comprises of Corridor-1 from Sikandara to Taj East Gate (14 km) and Corridor-2 from Agra Cantt to Kalindi Vihar (15.4 km) in the Agra City.
NDTL regained WADA accreditation
⇒ The National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) has regained the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accreditation in December 2021.
With this, NDTL’s Anti-Doping testing and activities will be resumed with immediate effect.
» NDTL’s WADA accreditation was suspended on 20 August 2019, based on non-compliances which were observed during on-site assessment of the Laboratory held in September 2018.
- The Union Cabinet of India took a decision to sign Copenhagen declaration on anti doping and to set up National Anti Doping Agency in December 2004.
- National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) responsible for education, test planning, result management & implementation of Anti-Doping Code of WADA was registered in 2007.
- National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) responsible for analytical testing of samples and research in the field of dope analysis was registered in 2008.
- The NADA is headed by the Director General and NDTL is headed by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who is Secretary (Sports).
Fifth Siddha Day
⇒ Ministry of Ayush observes Siddha Day on eve of Agathiyar’s birthday every year, which falls during the Ayilyam star of Margazhi Month. Fifth Siddha Day was celebrated on 23 December 2021.
» The Fifth Siddha Day celebration on “Strength of Siddha Medicine for Communicable Diseases” was jointly organized by Central Council for Research in Siddha, National Institute of Siddha and Directorate of Indian Medicine & Homeopathy, Government of Tamil Nadu on 23rd December 2021.
About Siddha system of medicine:
- Siddha system of medicine is one of the oldest codified traditions of healthcare originated in the Indian sub-continent with many intricate, novel therapeutic interventions and treatment modalities.
- The fundamentals and principles largely rely upon Panchabootham, taste and three humours.