- CSIR–Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gurugram signed online Memorandum of Understanding as a “Strategic Association” to bolster the Solar Energy sector across the nation on 7th September 2020.
- The second edition of Rail Connect was organised by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) on 08 Sep 2020. The conference was focused on the future plans of the Indian Railways, indigenous manufacturing, and Ease of doing business for the railway industry in India.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that “Hunar Haat” will be organised at Prayagraj from 9 to 18 October, 2020. The theme of the Hunar Haat will be “Local to Global”. “Hunar Haat”, provides market and opportunity to master artisans and craftsmen from remote areas of the country. It has become a credible brand of rare exquisite indigenous handmade products.
In the coming days, “Hunar Haat” will be organized at different place in country:
Jaipur (23 Oct -1 November 2020), Chandigarh (7- 15 November 2020), Indore (21 to 29 November 2020), Mumbai (22 to 31 December 2020), Hyderabad (8 to 17 January 2021), Lucknow (23 to 31 January 2021), India Gate, New Delhi (13 to 21 February 2021), Ranchi (20 to 28 February 2021), Kota (5 to 14 March 2021), Surat / Ahmedabad (20 to 27 March 2021) etc.
- Ministry of Education celebrated 54th “International Literacy Day 2020” on 08 Sep 2020. International Literacy Day 2020 focuses on “Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond,” especially on the role of educators and changing pedagogies.
- Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has stated that all the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in Haryana have been certified Open Defecation Free (ODF), 21 ULBs ODF+ and 13 ODF++. All cities in Punjab have been certified ODF, 33 are ODF+ and 17 are ODF++. Chandigarh is certified ODF++ and 3 Star (GFC).
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters via virtual mode on 08 Sep 2020 in nine States (Gujarat, MP, Maharashtra, Odisha, Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Uttarakhand and Karnataka). National Bamboo Mission logo was also released.
The logo of National Bamboo Mission depicting the objectives appropriately. The logo portrays a bamboo culm in the center of a circle composed of half an industrial wheel and half farmers. The green and yellow colour of the logo symbolise bamboo often termed as green gold.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Patrika Gate on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in Jaipur on 08 Sep 2020 through video conference. “Patrika Group of Newspapers” has built this iconic Gate. PM Narendra Modi also released the “Samvad Upanishad” and “Akshar yatra” books written by the Patrika Group Chairman Shri Gulab Kothari. Patrika group, is starting the International Journalism Award in the honour of Shri Karpoor Chandra Kulish.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will hold “Svanidhi Samvaad” with street vendors from Madhya Pradesh on 9th September 2020. The Government of India had launched PM SVANidhi scheme on 1st June, 2020. The Scheme had been launched to help poor street vendors, impacted by COVID-19, resume livelihood activities.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $500 million loan, on 08 Sep 2020. This was the first tranche of a total $1 billion facility. The purpose of loan agreement is to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System corridor. RRTS will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
First World Solar Technology Summit:
- First World Solar Technology Summit was organised by ISA and FICCI on 08 Sep 2020.
- Summit was aimed to bring together key stakeholders – leading academic scientists, technology developers, researchers and innovators to present and discuss the recent highlights of solar technologies, cost-wise, technology-wise, technology transfers, challenges and concerns in the field.
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan announces that Five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under Petroleum & Natural Gas Ministry will be joining International Solar Alliance (ISA)’s Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action (ISA-CSCA) as Corporate Partners.
- He said Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and GAIL (India) Limited will be contributing to ISA’s Corpus Fund.
- Tollywood actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away due to a massive stroke on 08 Sep 2020 in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. He was 73.
- Renowned scientists and radio astronomer, “Prof Govind Swarup” passed away due to illness in Pune on 07 Sep 2020. He was 91. He was the founding director of the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.