- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi shall inaugurate the “Patrika Gate” on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in Jaipur via video conference on the 8th September 2020. This Iconic Gate is built by the Patrika Group of Newspapers.
- Global Multidimensional Poverty Index is an international measure of multidimensional poverty covering 107 developing countries. According to Global MPI 2020, India is 62nd among 107 countries. Some neighboring countries like Sri Lanka (25th), Bhutan (68th), Nepal (65th), Bangladesh (58th), and China (30th) are also ranked in this index.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, is collaborating with ScooNews. ScooNews is one of the largest education media houses in India. This collaboration is to share and spread inspiring stories of grassroots, innovations. ScooNews will support various events or competitions initiated by Atal Innovation Mission through its network.
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, has partnered with Freshworks Inc. Freshworks is a customer engagement cloud-based SaaS (software as a service) company. The collaboration aims to increase the efficacy of the institutions and startups in the AIM portfolio and foster innovation and entrepreneurship among startup innovators.
- The “24×7 Toll-Free Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline “KIRAN” (1800-599-0019)” was launched by Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment through virtual mode on 07 Sep 2020. This helpline aims to provide relief and support to persons with Mental Illness.
- The 19th meeting of Supreme Court -mandated Committed on Content Regulation in Government Advertising was virtually held on 4th September, 2020.
As per directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, states are mandated to set up their respective three member committees on Content Regulation of Government Advertisements. Karnataka, Goa, Mizoram and Nagaland States have already constituted state-level Three Member Committees.
- International Solar Alliance (ISA) will organize the first World Solar Technology Summit on 8th September 2020. 149 countries have registered to join the virtual Summit.
The summit is expected to bring the spotlight on accelerating affordable and sustainable clean green energy by showcasing and deliberating on innovative state of the art next generation technologies in solar power.
ISA’s technology journal, Solar Compass 360 will also be launched during the summit by Dr Dharendra Yogi Goswami, Professor in the University of South Florida and Director of the Clean Energy Research Centre.
- The Government of India, the Government of Himachal Pradesh and the World Bank signed $82 million loan for the implementation of Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project on 07 Sep 2020. This project is to strengthen transport and road safety institutions of Himachal Pradesh by improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of state road network.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha on 07 Sep 2020. The hypersonic cruise vehicle was launched using a proven solid rocket motor.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami on 07 Sep 2020 released the Tamil Nadu Electronics Hardware Manufacturing Policy 2020. The policy aims to increase the State’s electronics industry output to USD 100 billion by 2025.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch “YSR Sampoorna Poshana” and “YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus” schemes on 07 Sep 2020. These schemes are aimed at providing nutritious food to pregnant women, lactating mothers and their children.
- Kerala metro phase 1 – Thykoodam-Petta stretch of Kochi Metro was inaugurated by Union Minister (I/C), Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri and Kerala Chief Minister Shri Pinarayi Vijayan via video conference on 07 Sep 2020. Kochi Metro Rail Ltd is all set to implement Kochi Water Metro Project at the cost of Rs 747 crore with the financial assistance of German Bank, KFW. Kochi is the first city in the country wherein water transport has been integrated as a feeder service to the metro.
- Oscar-winning Czech director Jiri Menzel died on 05 Sep 2020. He was 82.