AIMA's 49th National Management Convention
⇒ The Vice President, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar inaugurated the 49th National Management Convention of the All India Management Association (AIMA) in New Delhi, on 20 September 2022.
- The Vice President called upon business and industry leaders to take a proactive role in India’s mission to become Atma Nirbhar.
- He also released a souvenir for the convention during the event. He appreciated the efforts of AIMA in bringing together the business community and focussing on India’s advantages for growth.
About AIMA’s 49th National Management Convention:
AIMA’s flagship event – is a mega two-day programme that addresses a topical theme of national importance every year.
AIMA’s 49th National Management Convention was organised on 20-21 September 2022 at Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi.
This year, the theme of the Convention was ‘Advantage India: Thriving in the New World Order’.
The aim of the Convention was to deliberate on the growth strategies India needs to adopt in order to thrive in the new changing world order.
The Convention focused on current events. The Convention was addressed by eminent speakers, including Ministers, CEOs and Thought Leaders from different spheres of life, who shared their views with the participants through interactive sessions.
⇒ The third edition of LEADS was held on 20th – 21st September 2022 in New Delhi.
The ‘Leeds-2022 conference’ was organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The overarching theme of LEAD 2022 was “Leadership for Future”.
Plenary sessions during LEADS 2022:
- Leadership for Future
- Excellence in Manufacturing
- Food for All: From Farm to Fork
- Clean & Green Globe
- Future of Financing
- Sustainable Travel & Tourism
- Future Ready Supply Chains
- Culture of Innovation
- Future of Policy Making
- Accessible Healthcare for All
LEADS 2022 evolved a consensus on leadership imperatives, over eleven theme sessions curated around manufacturing; food for all; innovation; mobility; digitalization; financing; healthcare; travel & tourism; clean & green environment; global value chains.
LEADS (Leadership, Excellence, Adaptability, Diversity, Sustainability) is a global thought leadership initiative of FICCI which was conceptualised in the backdrop of disruptive business environment globally, be it due to innovations in business models or unforeseen events like the pandemic.
The previous two editions of LEADS have attracted interest of delegates from over 100 countries, with over a 125 global leaders and policy makers sharing their thoughts.
Varanasi nominated as the first-ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital
⇒ The city of Varanasi has been nominated as the first-ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital during the period 2022-2023 at the 22nd Meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Council of Heads of State in Samarkand, Uzbekistan on September 16, 2022.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had participated in the 2022 SCO Summit.
- The nomination of Varanasi as the first ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital will promote tourism, cultural and humanitarian exchanges between India and the SCO member Countries.
- It also underlines India’s ancient civilizational links with Member States of SCO, especially the Central Asian Republics.
- Under the framework of this major cultural outreach program, a number of events will be hosted in Varanasi during 2022-23, for which guests will be invited to participate from SCO Member States.
- These events are expected to attract Indologists, scholars, authors, musicians and artists, photo journalists, travel bloggers and other invited guests.
- The regulations for nomination of the SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital were adopted at the Dushanbe SCO Summit in 2021 with an objective of promoting cooperation between the SCO Member States in the field of culture and tourism.
11th Foundation Day of SECI
⇒ The 11th Foundation Day Celebration of Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) was held on 20 September 2022.
As part of 11th Foundation Day, a series of events was organized, including plantation of 1100 trees, blood donation camp, distribution of food packets, guest lectures for around 2200 school-kids, indoor sports tournament and various team-building activities.
- “Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd” (SECI) is a CPSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, set up on 20th Sept, 2011 to facilitate the implementation of National Solar Mission and achievement of targets set therein.
- It is the only CPSU dedicated to the renewable energy sector.
- It was originally incorporated as a section-25 (not for profit) company under the Companies Act, 1956.
- However, through an amendment by Government of India, the company has been converted into a Section-3 company, in 2015, under the Companies Act, 2013.
- The mandate of the company has also been broadened to cover the entire renewable energy domain.
- The company is one of the nodal agency for implementation of a number of schemes of MNRE.
- In addition, SECI has ventured into solar project development on turnkey basis for several PSUs/Government departments.