Missed Call Facility for LPG consumers:
- Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, in an event in Bhubaneswar on January 1, 2021, launched Missed Call Facility for LPG consumers. Indian Oil LPG customers can use single missed call number 8454955555 for refill booking for all India. This is a major step towards government’s efforts to boost ease of living.
- The government on 30 December 2020 has approved an Rs 3,004.63 crore project to turn Paradip Port into a world-class port by setting up a dock.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the project ‘Deepening and Optimization of Inner Harbour Facilities including Development of Western Dock on Build, Operate and Transfer basis under Public-Private Partnership mode to handle cape size vessels at Paradip Port’.
- Lt Gen Tarun Kumar Aich, has taken over as Director General, National Cadet Corps on 01 January 2021. He took the charge as 33rd Director General of National Cadet Corps of the country.
- Formula One Racer Lewis Hamilton was awarded a knighthood in the UK’s New Year’s Honours List, which was announced on December 30, 2020. Lewis Hamilton was won his seventh Formula One championship title in year 2020.
ICC Men’s Test Ranking:
- ICC men’s Test ranking was released on 31 December 2020.
In Batting Ranking:
Kane Williamson ranked 1, India captain Virat Kohli remains at No. 2, Ajinkya Rahane climbs to 6th, & Cheteshwar Pujara ranks 10th.
In Bowling Ranking:
Pat Cummins ranked 1, Ravichandran Ashwin to 7th, & Jasprit Bumrah ranked 9th.
- The 63rd Foundation Day of DRDO, was celebrated on 01 January 2021. It was established in 1958.
- Telugu film industry actor Narsing Yadav died in Hyderabad on December 31, 2020 due to kidney-related problems. He was 57.
- Veteran All India Radio news broadcaster, Indira Joseph Venniyoor died in Poojappura, Kerala on December 29, 2020. She was 94.
Indira Joseph Venniyoor was the first English-language news broadcaster of Travancore Radio.