Aadi Bazaars in Narmada
⇒ Aadi Bazaars – A Celebration of the spirit of Tribal culture and cuisine, was inaugurated on 26th March, 2022 at Ekta Nagar, Kevadia, Statue of Unity in Narmada district of Gujarat.
It was inaugurated by Smt Nimishaben Suthar, Minister of State for Tribal Development, Health, Family Welfare and Medical Education, Government of Gujarat.
The 11-day exhibition was organised from 26th March to 5th April, 2022. It was organised by TRIFED of M/ Tribal Affairs.
The vibrant exhibition featured organic tribal products and handcrafted wares, at the iconic monument, Statue of Unity. The festival featured an exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery from across 10 states of the country.
Book titled "Sardar Patel - Builder of Aspirational India"
⇒ Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA) organized its first Dr Rajendra Prasad International Memorial Lecture on the occasion of its 68th Founders’ Day celebration on March 29, 2022.
The Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu delivered the first Dr Rajendra Prasad Annual International Memorial Lecture on the occasion of the 68th Founders’ Day of IIPA in New Delhi.
» On this occasion, the Vice President also released a book titled “Sardar Patel – Builder of Aspirational India” published by IIPA.
Contract between MoD and BEL, Hyderabad
⇒ The Ministry of Defence (MoD) of India and Bharat Electronics Limited, Hyderabad signed a Contract for Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range (IEWR) for the Indian Air Force, 29 March 2022. The overall cost of the contract is estimated to be Rs 1109 Cr.
The IEWR will be used to test and evaluate airborne Electronic Warfare (EW) equipment and validate their deployment in an Operational Scenario.
TEJAS, a Skill India International Project
⇒ Union Minister Shri Anurag Thakur launched TEJAS (Training for Emirates Jobs And Skills), a Skill India International Project to train overseas Indias at the Dubai Expo on 27 March 2022.
- Expo 2020 was a World Expo that was held from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022. It was hosted by Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
» The project is aimed at skilling, certification and overseas employment of Indians. Tejas is aimed at creating pathways to enable Indian workforce to get equipped for skill and market requirements in UAE.
» Tejas aims at creating a 10,000 strong Indian workforce in UAE during the initial phase.
Abel Prize laureate 2022
⇒ The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has decided to award the Abel Prize for 2022 to American Mathematician Dennis Parnell Sullivan.
» Dennis P. Sullivan has been chosen “for his groundbreaking contributions to topology in its broadest sense, and in particular its algebraic, geometric and dynamical aspects”.
- The Abel Prize will be presented to Dennis Parnell Sullivan at the award ceremony in Oslo, May 24, 2022.
- The Abel Prize recognises pioneering scientific achievements in mathematics.
- The Abel prize is awarded by the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- The Abel Prize is funded by the Norwegian government and amounts to NOK 7.5 million.
- Topology was born in the late 19th century, as a new, qualitative approach to geometry.
- The field investigates the properties of objects that do not change when they are deformed. So, for a topologist, a circle and a square are the same, but the surface of a sphere and that of a donut are different.
2022 Swiss Open
⇒ The 2022 Swiss Open was a badminton tournament held at St. Jakobshalle at Basel, Switzerland from 22 to 27 March, 2022.
The 2022 Swiss Open was the sixth tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour. It was organized by the Swiss Badminton. The Swiss Open championships has been held since 1955.
» Indian shuttler, P V Sindhu won the women’s singles at the Swiss Open 2022.
- Winner: P. V. Sindhu (India)
- Runner up: Busanan Ongbamrungphan (Thailand)
- Winner: Jonatan Christie (Indonesia)
- Runner up: Prannoy H. S. (India)
4th Foundation Day of NESTS
⇒ National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS), an autonomous organization established under Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) celebrated its 4th Foundation Day on 2nd April, 2022 at Tribal Culture Centre, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
About NESTS & MoTA:
- NESTS commenced its journey four years back aimed at providing high quality education to the tribal students in their own environment.
- Since 2019, NESTS has so far approved achieved many milestones and has approved 391 new schools.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and NESTS have targeted to complete construction of all 452 new schools and pending 67 schools under the old scheme by 2025.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs was set up in 1999 after the bifurcation of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment with the objective of providing more focused approach on the integrated socio-economic development of the Scheduled Tribes (STs).