Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP)
- The Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) on 05 April 2021.
Union Minister termed this as the world’s biggest online disease surveillance platform. He said, India the first country in the world to adopt Such an Advanced Digital Surveillance System.
Dr Harsh Vardhan stated that IHIP will provide health information system developed for real time, case-based information, integrated analytics, advanced visualization capability. It will provide analyzed reports on mobile or other electronic devices.
The Integrated Health Information Platform is the next generation highly refined version of the presently used Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP).
Arch Closure of the iconic Chenab Bridge
- Indian Railways completed the Arch closure of the iconic Chenab Bridge on 05 April 2021.
Chenab Bridge is the world’s highest railway bridge. It is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link project (USBRL). This is a achievement towards the completion of the 111 km long winding stretch from Katra to Banihal.
About Steel Arch of the iconic Chenab Bridge:
- Overall weight of Arch is 10,619 MT.
- This bridge is 1315m long.
- This is the highest Railway Bridge in the world being 359m above the river bed level.
- It will be 35 meters higher than the iconic Eiffel Tower in Paris (France).
- The most sophisticated ‘Tekla’ software has been used for structural detailing.
- The Structural steel is suitable for -10°C to 40°C temperature.
- The bridge has been designed to withstand high wind speed up to 266 Km/Hour & to bear earthquake forces of highest intensity zone- V in India.
National Dialogue on 'Manufacturing Excellence and Innovation for Competitiveness and Sustainability of Chemicals Manufacturing'
- Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers Shri D V Sadananda Gowda virtually addressed at National Dialogue on ‘Manufacturing Excellence and Innovation for Competitiveness and Sustainability of Chemicals Manufacturing’ in New Delhi on 06 April 2021.
Shri Gowda said that the Chemicals and Petrochemicals sector will play an important role in achieving the goal of 5 trillion-dollar economy. Indian chemicals industry stood at 178 billion dollar in 2019 and is expected to reach 304 billion dollar by 2025 and the demand for chemicals is expected to expand by 9% per annum by 2025.
The dialogue discussed opportunities and challenges for chemical manufacturing growth and garner momentum among policy makers, industry sector and other stakeholders on need for knowledge and skill-based transformative change to safeguard and future proof chemicals manufacturing in India.
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) organised a dialogue under ‘Clean Manufacturing in India’ (Swachh Udyog) and hosted National Dialogue on ‘Excellence and Innovation for Competitive and Sustainable Chemicals Manufacturing in India’.
BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting
- India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually, on April 6, 2021. The meeting was jointly Chaired by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt Nirmala Sitharaman and Governor, Reserve Bank of India, Shri Shaktikanta Das.
Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the BRICS countries was participated in the meeting. BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors discussed financial cooperation agenda set by India for 2021.
Agenda set by India for 2021:
- Global Economic Outlook and Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- New Development Bank (NDB) Activities
- Social Infrastructure Financing and Use of Digital Technologies
- Cooperation on Customs related issues
- IMF reforms
- Fintech for SMEs and Financial Inclusion
- BRICS Rapid Information Security channel
- BRICS Bond Fund
Former General Secretary of AIMPLB, Wali Rahmani
- Renowned Islamic scholar and former general secretary of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) Wali Rahmani died in Patna on 03 April 2021. He was 78.
Santosh Munjal, the wife of late Brijmohan Lall Munjal
- Santosh Munjal, the wife of late Brijmohan Lall Munjal, Chairman Emeritus of Hero MotoCorp died, on 02 April 2021. She was 92.