Prime Minister inaugurated & laid foundation stone of Key Project in Kerala:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of key projects of power and urban sector in Kerala on 19th February 2021 via video conferencing.
Pugalur – Thrissur Power Transmission Project:
Prime Minister inaugurated the 320 KV Pugalur (Tamil Nadu) – Thrissur (Kerala) Power Transmission project. It is a Voltage Source Convertor (VSC) based High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Project and has India’s first HVDC link featuring state-of-the-art VSC technology.
Kasaragod Solar Power Project:
Prime Minister dedicated 50 MW Kasaragod Solar Power Project to the nation. It has been developed under the National Solar Energy Mission. It is set up over 250 acres of land spread across Paivalike, Meenja and Chippar villages of Kasaragod district.
Integrated Command and Control Centre:
Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the Integrated Command and Control Centre at Thiruvananthapuram. It is being set up to host Smart Solutions for Thiruvananthapuram Municipal Corporation.
Smart Roads Project:
Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the Smart Roads Project in Thiruvananthapuram.
Water Treatment Plant at Aruvikkara, Thiruvananthapuram:
Prime Minister inaugurated the 75 MLD (million litres per day) Water Treatment Plant at Aruvikkara, built under the AMRUT Mission.
3rd edition of the Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary:
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot released the 3rd edition of the Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary with 10,000 terms (including 6,000 earlier terms) on 17th February 2021 in a virtual programme.
The Dictionary has been brought out by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous Institute under the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
The first edition of the ISL Dictionary with 3000 terms was launched on 23rd March 2018, and the second edition with 6000 terms (including earlier 3000 terms) was launched on 27th February 2019.
PLI Scheme for Telecom and Networking Products:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Telecom and Networking Products with a budgetary outlay of Rs 12,195 crore over 5 years.
The Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme intends to promote manufacture of Telecom and Networking Products in India and proposes a financial incentive to boost domestic manufacturing and attract investments in the target segments of telecom and networking products in order to encourage Make in India.
With this scheme, India will be well positioned as a global hub for manufacturing of Telecom and Networking Products. Incremental production around Rs 2 Lakh crore is expected to be achieved over 5 years.
Approval to amend the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Women and Child Development to amend the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015.
This aims to introduce measures for strengthening Child Protection set-up to ensure best interest of children.
Joint Conference of 11th World PetroCoal Congress and World Future Fuel Summit:
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel Dharmendra Pradhan addressed the Joint Conference of 11th World PetroCoal Congress and World Future Fuel Summit in New Delhi.
The theme of 2021 World Future Fuel Summit was “Sustainable Future Fuel For Global Climate Change Challenges”.
The theme of 11th World PetroCoal Congress 2021 was “Petroleum-Coal-Gas: Towards a Win-Win Strategy for Producer and Consumer”.