PM Launched Projects in Assam:
- On 18th February 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’, laid the foundation stone of Dhubri Phulbari Bridge, and performed Bhumi Pujan for construction of Majuli Bridge Assam via video conferencing.
It was launched to inaugurate Ro-Pax vessel operations between Neamati-Majuli Island, North Guwahati-South Guwahati and Dhubri-Hatsingimari.
The foundation stone of the Inland Water Transport (IWT) Terminal at Jogighopa, and various tourist jetties on the Brahmaputra River, and digital solutions for Ease of Doing-Business were launched.
Dhubri Phulbari Bridge:
PM laid the foundation stone for the four lane bridge over the Brahmaputra between Dhubri (on North Bank) and Phulbari (on South Bank). The proposed Bridge will be located on NH-127B.
Prime Minister performed Bhumi Pujan for the two-lane Bridge on the Brahmaputra between Majuli (North Bank) and Jorhat (South Bank). The bridge will be located on NH-715K.
17th edition of Kerala Bamboo Fest 2021:
- The 17th edition of Kerala Bamboo Fest 2021 based on exhibition of bamboo & related products was held on 16 February to 20 February, 2021 at virtual platform.
The fest was organised by Department of Industries & Commerce, Government of Kerala, Kerala State Bamboo Mission, & Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion in association with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
This was organised to display the unique creations of the Artisans/Craftsmen from the bamboo sector of Kerala.
E-Chhawani Mobile App:
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched E-Chhawani portal and E-Chhawani mobile app in New Delhi on February 16, 2021.
The portal has been created to provide online civic services to over 20 lakh residents of 62 Cantonment Boards across the country.
Tenth Trustee of Ayodhya Mosque Trust:
- The Ayodhya Mosque Trust nominated war veteran Captain Mohammad Afzaal Ahmad Khan as its tenth trustee on 09 February 2021. The Ayodhya Mosque project of the IICF is based on serving humanity. Ayodhya Mosque Project was launched on 72nd Republic Day 2021 in Dhanipur village of Ayodhya.
Manufacturing of Electronic Devices in India by Amazon India:
- The Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law and Justice, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad held a virtual meeting with Amit Agarwal, Amazon’s Global Senior Vice President and Country Head of India on 16 February 2021.
Range of issues related to the digital sector was discussed during this meeting. After this meeting Amazon India has made an announcement to start manufacturing of electronics products from India. Initially, Amazon is going to start manufacturing of Amazon Fire TV stick from India.
Azure Stack HCI of Microsoft:
- Microsoft India has announced the general availability of Azure Stack HCI, a new hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solution, that combines the flexibility, scalability, and price-performance advantages of hyperconverged infrastructure with native Azure hybrid capabilities.
Azure Stack HCI aims to empower businesses by enabling them to build and run cloud-native applications with seamless access to cloud services on-premises with existing tool, processes, and skillsets.
- Former Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, Justice Mandagadde Rama Jois died in Bengaluru on 16 February 2021. He was 88.
He served as 19th & 2nd Governer of Bihar & Jharkhand respectively. He was also former Rajya Sabha Member in Karnataka.