- Iran’s army began an annual three-day naval exercise near the strategic Strait of Hormuz on 10 Sep 2020.
- Northrop Grumman, an American global aerospace and defence technology company’s NG-14 Cygnus spacecraft named after former astronaut Kalpana Chawla. Northrop Grumman next Cygnus capsule will be named the “S.S. Kalpana Chawla”.
- Paresh Rawal has been appointed Chairperson of the National School of Drama. NSD is the country’s premier institute for theatre students, in Delhi.
- Google announced that Microsoft Office users can now fully edit and collaborate on their Word, PowerPoint and Excel files using Google’s G Suite platform on Android devices.
- Google has announced a new feature named “Verified Calls” on its Phone app. This is to protect user from scam calls and spam calls. It will show the caller’s name, logo, reason for calling and a verification symbol. These details will indicate that the business has been authenticated by Google.
- Indian Bollywood Actress Tabu has been announced as one of the presenters for the Tribute Awards at the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). The ceremony will be broadcast on September 15 during the 45th edition of the prestigious movie gala.
- Maggie O’Farrell won the Women’s Prize for Fiction on 09 Sep 2020 for “Hamnet”, a novel that explores the lives of William Shakespeare’s often-maligned wife and lost son.
- The Canadian-owned outfit said on 10 Sep 2020 that Four times Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel will join Aston Martin F1 team from 2021, the new name for the Canadian-owned Racing Point team.
- The AFC executive committee canceled the AFC Solidarity Cup and the AFC Futsal Club Championship due to COVID-19 on 10 Sep 2020. The Solidarity Cup & Futsal Club Championship will be held in 2024 and 2021 respectively.
- Kollywood actor Vadivel Balaji died due to cardiac arrest in Chennai on 10 Sep 2020. He was 42.