- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Inaugurated the Child Rights Week in Rajasthan from November 14 to 20 November, 2020. This initiative has been taken under Nehru Child Protection Fund, announced in Rajasthan state budget 2020-2021.
Chief Minister said, state government making an effective intervention to protect children’s rights. During this week, two new schemes Vaatsalya Yojana and Samarth Yojana have been launched for orphan and destitute children.
The Child Rights Week observed through Skill development activities, awareness programmes and new welfare schemes.
- Dr G R Chintala, Chairman of NABARD, has launched a ‘Pan India Sanitation Literacy Campaign‘ on 02 October 2020 to promote literacy in WASH products (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene). This campaign has launched with an objective of focusing on behavioural changes that promote the usage of toilets. As a part of this campaign, NABARD, Goa RO, has organised a Sanitation Literacy Campaign in the Village of Pilerne on 12 November 2020.
12 key measures of AatmaNirbhar Bharat 3.0:
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharaman has announced 12 key measures, as part of Government of India’s stimulus to the economy, under AatmaNirbhar Bharat 3.0. Under this, an amount of Rs 2.65 lakh crore was announced on 12 November 2020. Official Link to Download Presentation on 12 Key announcements as part of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat 3.0
- Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) System has achieved a target by a direct hit on to a Banshee Pilotless target aircraft at medium range & medium altitude. The missile was launched from ITR Chandipur on 13th Nov 2020 at the Odisha Coast.
8th BRICS STI Meeting:
- 8th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial Meeting held on November 13, 2020. This was aims to discuss S & T cooperation among the member countries.
The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia organized the meeting, Russian Federation being the Chair for 12th BRICS Summit.
The BRICS STI Declaration 2020 and Calendar of BRICS STI Activities 2020-21 was unanimously adopted at the meeting.
- Former Barcelona and Argentina Javier Mascherano announced his retirement from football. The 36-year-old Javier started his professional career in 2003 & made the announcement of retirement after illustrious career of 17 years on November 15, 2020.
- World Science Day is celebrated every year on 10 November. World Science Day for Peace and Development highlights the important role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
This year focus of the World Science Day is on ‘Science for and with Society’. UNESCO organized an online roundtable on the theme of “Science for and with Society in dealing with COVID-19” to celebrate the 2020 World Science Day.
Department of Science and Technology (DST) & UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), New Delhi, jointly organized the webinar to acknowledge and embrace the essence of the theme of World Science Day.
- The founder of Tamil Nadu-based Vasan Eye Care, Dr AM Arun passed away in Chennai on November 16, 2020. He was 51.