- The winter session of the Maharashtra legislature will be held in Mumbai, instead of Nagpur. Winter Session will starts from December 7. The decision was taken at the business advisory committee (BAC) meeting held on November 10, 2020.
- Karnataka Bank launched a new indigenous Rupay debit card- National Common Mobility Debit Card (NCMC) on November 9. This is an international Contact-less, debit cum prepaid and inter-operable transport card, a “One Nation One Card i.e., a card with many benefits”.
With the help of this card users can make payments without inserting the card at PoS terminals & payments can be made at toll plazas, metro transits, parking lots & retail outlets etc. It enables domestic and international transactions through ATM, PoS and e-Commerce.
- Murugappa group firm Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Co. Ltd. (Chola) has named Vellayan Subbiah as the chairman of the company. The chairman and director of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Co Ltd MM Murugappan were retired on November 11. Vellayan Subbiah has been appointed as an additional director of the company on November 11.
Virtual Global Investor Roundtable 2020:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on 05 November 2020. The VGIR was organized by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and National Investment and Infrastructure Fund. It was an exclusive dialogue between leading global institutional investors, Indian business leaders and the highest decision makers from the Government of India and Financial Market Regulators.
The Roundtable was witnessed participation from twenty of the world’s largest pension and sovereign wealth funds with a total Assets Under Management of about US$6 trillion. These global institutional investors represented key regions includes the US, Europe, Canada, Korea, Japan, Middle East, Australia, and Singapore.
VGIR 2020 was focused on discussions around India’s economic and investment outlook, structural reforms and the government’s vision for the path to a USD 5 trillion economy.
Addressing the roundtable, Prime Minister said India offers the investors Democracy, Demography, Demand as well as Diversity & expressed that India has an ambitious plan to invest $ 1.5 trillion under the National Infrastructure Pipeline. He also said investors are moving towards companies which have a high Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) score.
European Union Film Festival:
- The annual event European Union Film Festival is celebrating 25th anniversary of the Festival in India this year 2020. This year festival is being celebrating digitally from November 5 to 30.
In European Union Film Festival offering 42 films to viewers to look which includes Indian and Foreign.
Indian Films are:
Poetry on Screen: Aparajito (Directed by Satyajit Ray), Court (Directed by Chaitanya Tamhane)
Climate Change: 6 Shorts As Part of the Film Interdependenc- Megha’s Divorce (Directed by Nila Madhab Panda).
- Cricket Australia on November 11, 2020 confirmed that the men’s team will be wearing an ‘Indigenous’ jersey in the upcoming three-match T20I series against India.
Cricket Australia tweeted, Designed by Kirrae Whurrong woman Aunty Fiona Clarke & Butchulla and Gubbi Gubbi woman Courtney Hagen, the shirt continues the storytelling of the 1868 cricket team.
The first T20I between India and Australia will held on December 4 at the Manuka Oval in Canberra. Second and Third T20I will be held at Sydney on 6 & 8 December.
- Bahrain Prime minister Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman al Khalifa has died on November 11, 2020 at Mayo clinic hospital in the United States. He was 84.