Mmember of the Central Advisory Board on Culture
⇒ The Ministry of Culture has appointed Sudha Ragunathan as a member of the Central Advisory Board on Culture (CABC).
Members provide policy advice to the Ministry on developing programmes focused on creativity at different levels in various regions. The members of the board aid participative decision-making and provide an integrated view of the different ideas and interests from various domains of culture.
IRCTC BoB RuPay Contactless Credit Card
⇒ The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) along with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and BOB Financial Solutions launched a co-branded credit card for railway customers.
The ‘IRCTC BoB RuPay Contactless Credit Card’ is specially curated to offer the maximum savings to the frequent travellers on the Indian Railways.
Customers can also use the credit card for other shopping purposes like groceries as well as fuel buy. Cardholders can also use this card to transact at international merchants and ATMs through the JCB network.
- BOB Financial Solutions Ltd (BFSL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB).
Business Leader of the Year Award
⇒ Mr. Yohan Poonawalla, Chairman and Director of various Poonawalla Group of companies, received “Business Leader of the Year Award” in the fifth edition of Gravittus Foundation’s URJA Awards 2022.
- URJA Awards 2022 is a brainchild of Usha Kakade’s Gravittus Foundation.
The URJA award is bestowed on the leaders and dignitaries from the fields of entertainment, sports, business, social activities, and educational sectors who have made significant contributions to society.
- Excellence in Sports Award: Suyash Jadhav
- Perseverance Award: Urvi Jangam
- Contribution Towards Cinema: Farah Khan kunder
'Most Dependable Public Sector in India' Award
⇒ Maharatna company, Coal India Limited (CIL) under the Ministry of Coal has been awarded the ‘Most Dependable Public Sector in India’ Award.
The Award was conferred on CIL by the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Kolkata in “Energy Meet & Excellence Awards function.
36th Statehood Day of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram
⇒ Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram celebrated their 36th Statehood Day on February 20, 2022.
» Both the states achieved statehood on 20 February 1987.
- Arunachal Pradesh was earlier known as North East Frontier Agency (NEFA). It was renamed Arunachal Pradesh in 1972 and granted a Union Territory status. Arunachal Pradesh became the state of India with the 55th Amendment Act of the Indian Constitution.
- In 1986, Mizoram Peace Accord was signed between India and Mizo National front (MNF). Mizoram was granted statehood in 1987, as per Statehood act of 1986. With the 53rd amendment of the Indian Constitution, Mizoram became the 23rd state of India.
International Mother Language Day 2022
⇒ International Mother Language Day is observed worldwide on 21st February every year to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
The Day is part of a broader initiative to promote the preservation and protection of all languages used by people of the world.
Every year a unique theme is chosen by UNESCO to celebrate this special day.
The theme of International Mother Language Day 2022 was “Using technology for multilingual learning: Challenges and opportunities”.
- It focused on potential role of technology to advance multilingual education and support the development of quality teaching and learning for all.
- The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day first came from Bangladesh.
- The general conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) decided to celebrate February 21 as International Mother Language Day in 2000.
Celebrations in India:
Under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, on the occasion of International Mother Language Day, Ministry of Culture, Government of India organized a two-day event for 21st–22nd February 2022 at Indira Gandhi National Center of Arts, New Delhi.
» During the event, a book on ‘Tribal and Indigenous Languages of India’ written by Prof Ramesh C Gaur, Dean IGNCA was launched by the dignitaries.
» The next day, the signature tune for “Vande Bharatam” composed by Grammy Award winner Ricky Kej and Oscar contender Bickram Ghosh was released by Minister of State for Culture & External Affairs Smt Meenakashi Lekhi.
- The ‘Vande Bharatam’ song was produced for Vande Bharatam, Nritya Utsav of Ministry of Culture presented at Rajpath, New Delhi for the national Republic Day event 2022.