5th India Water Impact Summit:
- The 5th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS) was inaugurated by the Jal Shakti Minister, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
This summit is organised by the National Mission for Clean Ganga and Center for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (cGanga). This was begun on December 10, 2020 and continued till December 15, 2020.
This summit is on the theme of comprehensive analysis and holistic management of local rivers and water bodies. It is focused on Arth Ganga – river conservation synchronised development.
India Water Impact Summit will forge greater interaction between investors and stakeholders in water sector and promote international cooperation for water and river Management.
ABTO International Convention:
- Union Minister of State for Tourism & Culture (IC) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the ABTO (Association of Buddhist Tour Operators) International Convention on 10 December 2020 in New Delhi through virtual medium.
This three-day event was held in partnership with Ministry of Tourism in Bodhgaya, Bihar. It was held from 10 December to 12 December, 2020.
The Union Minister said that the government is making special efforts to promote Buddhist tourism in the country.
Climate Ambition Summit 2020:
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi addressed at ‘Climate Ambition Summit 2020’, which was held on December 12, 2020.
He said the Summit marks the fifth anniversary of the Paris Agreement – the most ambitious step in our fight against Climate Change.
The United Nations, United Kingdom and France co-hosted the Climate Ambition Summit 2020, in partnership with Chile and Italy.
At the Climate Ambition Summit 2020, countries set out new and ambitious commitments under the three pillars of the Paris Agreement: mitigation, adaptation and finance commitments.
Important Day: International Universal Health Coverage Day
- International Universal Health Coverage Day is observed every year on December 12. This aims to raise awareness of the need for strong and resilient health systems and universal health coverage with multi-stakeholder partners.
This year theme of the International Universal Health Coverage Day 2020 is “Health For All – Protect Everyone”.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare chaired an event to mark Universal Health Coverage Day on December 12, 2020.
On the occasion, Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched some resourceful apps and guidelines for implementing and monitoring various health programs. Such as, SDG-3 Health Dashboard and NCD Medical Officer App have been released. He also released 5th National Family Health Survey (NFHS) for 17 States and 5 UTs.
- Sanskrit scholar Vidyavachaspati Bannanje Govindacharya died in Udupi on December 13, 2020 due to age-related ailments. He was 84. He was conferred with the Padma Shri in 2009.