'PRSI National Award 2020' to NTPC Simhadri:
- NTPC Simhadri has bagged the ‘PRSI National Award- 2020’ as the ‘Best PSU implementing CSR’, for its unique Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts undertaken during the COVID-19 period. NTPC Simhadri sanitized the township areas with sodium hypochlorite by using fog cannon.
The PRSI (Public Relations Society of India) National award was presented through virtual mode by Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya in the presence of Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and PRSI president Ajit Pathak, in Uttarakhand, on 21 February 2021.
Additional Charge of Regional Outreach Bureau:
- Senior officer of Indian Information Service and Director, National Film Archives, Prakash Magdum, has been assigned the additional charge of Regional Outreach Bureau (Maharashtra and Goa State), Pune on 23 February 2021, in addition to his existing portfolio. ROB operates under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
'Vruksha Vedam' Book:
- Rajya Sabha MP Joginapally Santosh Kumar presented the ‘Vruksha Vedam’ book to Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu on 22 February 2021.
The book published by the Green India Challenge, which is focusses on the importance of greenery and trees even in Indian ancient epics. The book is written by Sri Mamidi Harikrishna and edited by Sri Desapathy Srinivas.
Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar assumes Command of the Western Fleet':
- Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar, NM took over as the Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF) from Rear Admiral Krishna Swaminathan, AVSM, VSM on 24 February 2021. He took over the charge at a formal ceremony held onboard the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.
Loan agreement between GOI & AIIB:
- On 23 February 2021, the Government of India and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank signed a loan agreement of $304 million, for Assam Intra-State Transmission System Enhancement Project to improve reliability, capacity and security of the power transmission network in the State of Assam. The project aims to strengthen Assam’s electricity transmission system.
Govt of India, Govt of Nagaland and the World Bank Signed Project:
- On 23 February 2021, the Govt of India, Govt of Nagaland and the World Bank signed a $68 million project to enhance the governance of schools across Nagaland, as well as to improve teaching practices and learning environments in select schools.