- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Union Minister WCD and Textiles Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani jointly launched Toycathon-2021 on January 05, 2021.
This Toycathon is aimed to conceptualize innovative toys based on the Indian value system which will inculcate the positive behaviour and good value among the children.
Ministry of Education, Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Ministry of Textile, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Ministry of MSME, Ministry of I&B and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), have jointly launched Toycathon-2021.
The Toycathon 2021 is based on nine themes:
Indian Culture, History, Knowledge of India and Ethos; Learning, Education and Schooling; Social and human values; Occupations & specific fields; Environment; Divyang ; Fitness and sport; Out of the box, creative and logical thinking and Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys
- A book titled “Buddhism on stamps” authored by M. Lokeswara Rao was released on 07 January 2021. M. Lokeswara Rao is a retired Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force.
- The Union Law Ministry on 07 January 2021 notified the appointment of Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia as the new Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court. Justice Dhulia has been taken oath as the Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court, on 10 January 2021.
Chief Information Officer of the US Army:
- Indian-American Dr Raj Iyer has taken over as the first Chief Information Officer of the US Army. He is one of the highest ranking Indian-American civilians in the US Department of Defense.
Richest person in the world:
On 07 January 2021, According to CNBC Calculations Report:
Tesla CEO Elon Musk became the richest person in the world, with a net worth of more than $185 billion.
- Former Minister and veteran Congress leader K K Ramachandran died due to heart attack on 07 January 2021. He was 78.
He was six times MLA – three times from Kalpetta, and thrice from Sultan Bathery Assembly constituency.
- Noted fashion designer Satya Paul died in Coimbatore on 06 January 2021. He was 79. He was known for giving the sari a contemporary look.