Kochi – Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the Kochi – Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline to the nation on 05 January 2021.
The event marks an important milestone towards the creation of ‘One Nation One Gas Grid’.
The 450 km long pipeline has been built by GAIL (India) Ltd, & the total cost of the project was about Rs 3000 crore.
National Police K-9 Journal:
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah released the inaugural issue of the “National Police K-9 Journal” in New Delhi on 02 January 2021.
It is the first such publication in the country on the subject of Police Service K9s (PSKs) i.e. Police Dogs.
The special ‘Police K9 Cell’ was established in November 2019.
- 51st ‘International Film Festival of India‘ is being held in Goa from 16 to 24 January 2021.
This edition is being held in hybrid mode for the first time and will include both online and in-person experiences.
IFFI will open, on 16 January 2021, with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘ANOTHER ROUND’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
The festival will end on 24 January 2021 with the India premiere of Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s historical drama film ‘Wife of a Spy‘.
72nd Republic Day:
- India will celebrate its 72nd Republic Day on January 26, 2021. Bangladesh Army delegation would be taking part in this year’s Republic Day parade on January 26.
This year coincides with the 50th anniversary celebrations of Indian victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war.
Online campaign “She Can”:
- Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M) students have launched an online campaign “She Can”.
The campaign aims to help women by creating awareness about opportunities in Education, Upskilling, and Financial Literacy.
- Sir Brian Urquhart was died in Tyringham, Massachusetts on 02 January 2021. He was 101.
British diplomat Brian Urquhart, was an early leader of the United Nations who played a central role in developing the UN practice of peacekeeping.
- Malayalam poet and lyricist Anil Panachooran passed away in Kollam due to heart attack on 03 January 2021. He was 55.
He was famous for his lyrics in movies, including ‘Arabikadha’, ‘Kadha Parayumbol’, ‘Madambi’ etc.