Union MSME RuPay Credit Card of Union Bank of India
⇒ Union Minister for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Shri Narayan Rane launched the Union MSME RuPay Credit Card of Union Bank of India at the two-day MSME Conclave in Sindhudurg on 25 February 2022.
- The RuPay Credit card has been offered by Union Bank of India in association with National Payments Corporation of India.
- It provides a simplified payment mechanism to MSMEs to meet their business-related operational expenses.
- The RuPay Card offers benefits like anytime digital payments, interest-free period and will carry interest rate similar to the rate charged for loans.
- MSME borrowers will be able to enjoy an interest-free credit period of up to 50 days on their business spends.
‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie' Campaign
⇒ Ministry of Education launched a campaign ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie to encourage cultural diversity and promote mulitlinguism and to foster the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Bhasha Certificate Selfie initiative aims to promote Bhasha Sangam mobile app, developed by Ministry of Education and MyGov India.
- The ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ initiative is encouraging people to upload their selfie with the certificate from their social media accounts using the hashtag #BhashaCertificateSelfie.
- Bhasha Sangam mobile app was launched by Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
- Using the app, people can learn 100+ sentences of daily use in as many as 22 scheduled Indian languages.
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on October 31 every year to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
International conference ‘Devayatanam'
⇒ A two-day international conference ‘Devayatanam – An odyssey of Indian temple architecture was held at Hampi, Karnataka form 25-26 February, 2022.
The Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and DoNER Shri G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the conference on February 25.
It was organized by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) of Ministry of Culture.
Aim & Discussion:
» The aim of the conference was to deliberate upon the philosophical, religious, social, economic, technical, scientific, art and architectural aspects of temple.
» During the conference, eminent scholars discussed various facets of the great temples of India.
- The various sessions of discussions included- Temple- From the Formless to Form, Temple- Evolution of Temple Architecture, Temple-Regional Development Forms and Styles, Temple-Epicenter of art, culture, education, administration and economy, Temple-Protector of environment, Temple- Culture diffusion in South east Asia.
Seminar on “Industry Connect 2022”
⇒ Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Chemicals & Fertilizers inaugurated the seminar on “Industry Connect 2022”: Industry and Academia Synergy on 25 February 2022.
Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India in association with Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry organized “Industry Connect 2022” in New Delhi.
» During the Seminar, “Industry Connect 2022”, the two technical sessions were organised.
The broad objectives of the seminar focused on:
- R&D – Laboratory to Industry
- Skill Gap Analysis for the Human Capital in Petrochemicals Sector
- Support Aatmanirbhar Bharat by providing Indigenous Technology
- Aatmanirbhar Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) with the help of Industry Connect
- Support of Technology with the help of TDB (Technology Development Board) to establish synergy between industry and academia for the sector
12th Annual Aegis Graham Bell Awards
⇒ Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the premier Telecom R&D centre of the Government of India has bagged three awards at 12th Annual Aegis Graham Bell Awards on 25 February 2022.
C-DOT bagged 3 awards for its indigenously designed & developed innovative Telecom solutions in various categories.
Top winners in the following 3 categories:
» In the “Tech for Social Good” Category:
- Indigenous Early Warning Platform for Disaster Management & Preparedness based on ITU’s Common Alerting Protocol (CAP)
» In the “Innovative in Lockdown Management” Category:
- C-DOT SAMVAD – A Unified Platform for Secure Messaging and Calling Solution.
» In the “Preventive measures to combat Covid 19” Category:
- C-DOT Quarantine Alert System (CQAS)
- The Aegis Graham Bell Awards (AGBA) is an initiative of Aegis School of Data Science, Cyber Security and Telecommunication and powered by mUni Campus.
- 12th AGBA was supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Skill India’ NIC (National Informatics Centre).
India’s Doubles Badminton Coach
⇒ Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has approved the appointment of ace Malaysian badminton coach, Tan Kim Her, as India’s Doubles Coach till the Asian Games in 2026.
Tan’s first stint was as a Doubles Coach in India from 2015 to 2019. Tan trained top badminton players including Satwiksairak Rankireddy, Chirag Shetty, Ashwini Ponappa and Sikki Reddy etc.
42nd Senior Men National Cycle Polo Championship
⇒ The 42nd Senior Men National Cycle Polo Championship was held at Mysore from 17-20 February 2022.
Air Force Cycle Polo team proved their mettle and emerged as the National Champions. Air Force Cycle Polo team beats Territorial Army in the finals by 17-12 goals and finished on top of the podium.
Former Odisha Chief Minister Hemananda Biswal
⇒ Former Odisha Chief Minister and prominent tribal Congress leader Hemananda Biswal passed away on 25 February 2022 in Bhubaneswar. He was 82.
Biswal was elected chief minister for the first time for the period December 7, 1989 to March 5, 1990 and again from December 6, 1999 to March 5, 2000. He was the first tribal chief minister of Odisha.