The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020 and 2021 on occasion of International Women’s Day i.e. on 08 March 2022 at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
The award was conferred on 29 outstanding and exceptional women achievers for the years 2020 and 2021.
- In all, 28 awards (14 each for the year 2020 and 2021)- were presented to 29 individuals in recognition of their exceptional work.
- The winners of the Nari Shakti Puraskar for the year 2020 are from fields as diverse as entrepreneurship, agriculture, innovation, social work, arts and crafts, STEMM, and wildlife conservation, etc.
- The winners of the Nari Shakti Puraskar for the year 2021 are from the fields of linguistics, entrepreneurship, agriculture, social work, arts and crafts, Merchant Navy, STEMM, education and literature, disability rights, etc.
Winners of the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2020
Winners of the Nari Shakti Puraskar 2021
About ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’:
- ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar’ is an initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development confers Nari Shakti Puraskar every year to individuals and institutions in recognition of their service towards the cause of women empowerment, especially vulnerable and marginalized women.
- The award was instituted in 1999 under the title of Stree Shakti Puraskar. The award was renamed and reorganized in 2015.
- The Awards recognise outstanding work in the fields of economic and social empowerment of women.
- The award carries a certificate and a cash amount of rupees Two Lakh per awardee.