- On November 13, 2020, During the fourth Deepotsav, Ayodhya created a new Guinness world record by lighting 6,06,569 earthen lamps (diyas) at the majestic Ram Ki Paidi ghat on the banks of the Saryu river and other ghats of the temple town.
- Sanjay Kumar Mishra was appointed the Enforcement Directorate chief on November 19, 2018. He is a 1984 batch Indian Revenue Service officer of the Income Tax cadre. His fixed term tenure of two years as ED director is to end next week but Union government has extended the tenure of Enforcement Directorate Director by a year after modifying his appointment order that was issued in 2018.
Mr Mishra’s appointment will be for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020:
- On November 9, 2020, Minister of State for Communications, Education and Electronics & Information Technology, Shri Sanjay Dhotre announced the fourth edition of the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020. It is to be held virtually form 8 December to 10 December, 2020. For this year, IMC’s theme will be – “Inclusive Innovation – Smart I Secure I Sustainable”.
This event will be jointly organized by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAT). This year prime Partners include Dell Technologies, Ribbon Communications and Red Hat.
IMC 2020 would aim to align to the Prime Minister’s vision to promote Atmanirbhar Bharat, foster international regional cooperation, inspire Satat Bharat – Sanatan Bharat, promote Samagra Bharat – Saksham Bharat, drive foreign and local investments, encourage R&D in the Telecom and Emerging Technology sectors and to facilitate supportive regulatory & policy frameworks.
- The birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on 11 November is celebrated as the National Education Day (Rashtriya Shiksha Diwas), every year. He was the India’s First Education Minister.
On this occasion, Union Education Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, inaugurated the National Education Day programme (online) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Union Education Minister said, through ‘Study in India and Stay in India’, we are committed to establishing India as a global hub of education.
During the event IIT Bombay announces Research Excellence Awards 2019.
Research Publication Award: Awardee prof are- Maheswaran Shanmugam; Nutan Limaye; Rajneesh Bharadwaj; Soumyo Mukherji and Suparna Mukherji; Subhankar Karmakar
Research Dissemination Awards: Awardee prof are- Hetu C. Sheth; Parinda Vasa; Raghavan B. Sunoj
Early Research Achiever Awards: Awardee prof are- Pradip P. Kalbar; Shobhna Kapoor; Varun Bhalerao
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 1st BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting, on November 9, 2020. The meeting was held under the BRICS Russian Chairmanship.
The agenda of the meeting was included discussions on the outcomes of G20 Saudi Presidency in 2020, a digital platform to encourage infrastructure investments and expansion of the membership of the New Development Bank.
- Kannada writer and journalist Ravi Belagere has died due to cardiac arrest in Bengaluru on November 13, 2020. He was 62. He was honoured with many awards including the Karnataka Sahitya Academy award, Kannada Rajyothsava award, Karnataka Media Academy award and many more.
- Actor Soumitra Chatterjee passed away in a Kolkata hospital on November 15, 2020. He was 85. He was found positive for COVID-19.
He was a recipient of the Padma Bhushan, Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Sangeet Natak Akademi Award, besides winning three National Film Awards.