- Parliament passed “The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill, 2020” to accord the status of an institution of “national importance” to a Jamnagar-based cluster of Ayurveda institutes. The Bill was passed by a voice vote in Rajya Sabha. Lok Sabha has already approved the bill in the last session.
Three Jamnagar, Gujarat based institutes are:
- Institute of Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda
- Gulabkunwerba Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya
- Institute of Ayurveda Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yediyurappa launched the “Arthika Spandana” loan disbursal scheme on 16 September 2020. The Arthika Spandana is a programme of disbursing loans to the tune of Rs 39,300 crore in agriculture sector & non-agriculture sector through various cooperative institutions.
- On September 15, 2020, US President Donald Trump hosted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and foreign ministers of the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain to sign the historic Abraham Accord. It is the first Arab-Israeli peace deal in 26 years.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his Cabinet resigned on 16 Sep 2020. After resignation Shinzo Abe clear the way to his Successor Yoshihide Suga to take over after parliamentary confirmation as PM.
- Oracle has won the bid for TikTok US. Oracle’s proposed partnership with TikTok will still need to be approved by US official.
- Mira Nair wins Jeff Skoll Award for Impact Media in 45th Toronto International Film Festival Tribute Awards ceremony. 45th edition of the Toronto International Film Festival is conducting from 10 Sep to 19 Sep 2020.
- Mali’s former president Moussa Traore has died on 15th September, 2020. He was 83. He was Malian soldier, politician, and dictator. He ruled the West Africa nation for more than 22 years.
- Scholar and arts administrator Kapila Vatsyayan passed away in Delhi on 16 Sep 2020. She was 92. Kapila Vatsyayan was former Member of Parliament and lifetime trustee of the Indian International Centre, has been described as the “grand matriarch” of cultural research.