New Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
⇒ Government of India has appointed Ms Bharati Das, 1988-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer as Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
Ms Bharati Das took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts (CGA) on 18 October 2022. Ms Das is the 27th Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
About Ms Das:
- Ms Das has held important position at various levels in Central Ministries such as Civil Aviation, Finance, Health, Ministry of External Affairs, Home Affairs, CBDT etc.
- Besides working as an Asst Financial Advisor & Deputy Financial Advisor in Ministry of Surface Transport, she has also served as Director in Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA) is ‘the Principal Advisor’ on Accounting matters to the Union Government.
- CGA is responsible for establishing and managing a technically sound Management Accounting System and preparation & submission of the accounts of the Union Government.
- CGA is also responsible for exchequer control and internal audits for central Government.
Anubhav Awards for the year 2020, 2021 & 2022
⇒ The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare held the Anubhav Awards Ceremony in New Delhi on 18 October 2022 to felicitate the awardees for their write-ups for the years 2020, 2021 & 2022.
Union Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh presided over the Award Ceremony and launched Integrated Pensioners’ Portal, a single window to address the needs of pensioners.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh launched Single Integrated Pensioners’ Portal developed in collaboration with State Bank of India and aimed at “Ease of Living” for the Central Government Pensioners. All the remaining 16 Pension disbursing banks shall now begin their integration with BHAVISHYA.
Bhavishya 9.0 version was released with its integration with the Pension Disbursing Banks.
- BHAVISHYA, a Portal for Pension Payment and Tracking System, is integrated with Pension Seva portal of SBI and enables Pensioners to get all information and services at one place with single login.
- State Bank of India becomes the first pension disbursing Bank to integrate its Pension Seva Portal with BHAVISHYA in record time.
Dr Jitendra Singh also conferred Anubhav Awards on 15 awardees for year 2019-20, 20-21 & 21-22.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Anubhav Award Ceremony for previous 2 years could not be held.
- The Anubhav portal was launched by Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare at the behest of the Prime Minister in 2015.
- Anubhav Portal provides a Platform to retiring Government Employees for sharing their experiences while working in different Ministries/Departments of the Government of India and give suggestions for improvement in governance.
- 92 Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations have registered on Anubhav Portal of this Department and 8722 write-ups have been published as on 30 September 2022.
- The Anubhav Awards ceremony was started from 2016 as an annual feature to encourage retiring government employees to share their government experience on their retirement.
- The awards constitute a Medal, a Certificate and a cash prize of Rs 10,000.
Wellness Centre set up by WWE fame "The Great Khali"
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Science and Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Earth Science; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Wellness Centre set up by WWE fame “The Great Khali” alias Dalip Singh Rana near Karnal in Haryana on 17 October 2022.
- The Centre has been named as “The Great Khali” Academy.
- Spread over 10 acres of prime land, the campus has, among other things, a Fitness Centre, gymnasium, sports complex, wrestling enclave and restaurant, which will mainly cater to the youth.
- The restaurant has been named as “The Great Khali” Dhaba and is a part of the overall comprehensive complex.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Jitendra Singh said, Khali’s wellness centre is a tribute to Prime Minister Modi’s flagship schemes of “Fit India” and “Khelo India” initiatives.
Fit India Mission encourages people to become part of Fit India Movement by inculcating at least 30-60 minutes of physical activity every day.
Gujarati edition of the book titled ‘Modi @ 20: Dreams Meet Delivery’
⇒ Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh released the Gujarati edition of the book titled ‘Modi @ 20: Dreams Meet Delivery’ in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on October 17, 2022.
During the launch, Raksha Mantri stated that Shri Narendra Modi is not just a Prime Minister or a leader, but a social reformer and a symbol of the country’s cultural renaissance.
The book, ‘Modi@20: Dreams Meet Delivery’ is a compilation of articles by domain experts bringing out various aspects of the thinking and performance of Shri Narendra Modi in various domains as Chief Minister of Gujarat and the Prime Minister for 20 years.
UIDAI tops the Grievance Redressal Index for September 2022
⇒ The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has once again topped amongst all Group A Ministries, Departments and Autonomous Bodies for resolving public grievances in the rankings report published by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) for the month of September 2022.
This is the second consecutive month UIDAI has topped in the Grievance Redressal Index rankings.
- UIDAI has been a top performer in resolution of Public Grievances received through CPGRAMS, and making continuous efforts to make Aadhaar holders experience better.
- UIDAI has a strong grievance redressal ecosystem in place comprising of UIDAI HQ, its Regional Offices, Technology Centre, and engaged contact centre partners.
- A coherent system is enabling UIDAI to resolve around 92% of CRM Grievances within a week.