- As a part of POSHAN Abhiyaan, Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Women and Child Development has signed a Memorandum of Understanding for Controlling Malnutrition in New Delhi on 20th September, 2020.
Under the MoU, the specific areas identified for co-operation include:
- Integration of AYUSH into POSHAN Abhiyaan
- Control of malnutrition through the principles and practices of Ayurveda, Yoga and other Ayush systems.
- Ministry of Culture celebrated “Sankalp Parva” during 28th June – 12th July, 2020 by planting saplings of 5 trees identified as herbal heritage. These 5 trees include (i) Bargad (ii) Awla (iii) Peepal (iv) Ashok (v) Bel.
- TIME magazine’s 100 most influential people list for the year 2020 has been released. In list some Indian are named includes PM Shri Narendra Modi, Ayushmann Khurrana & Bilkis. Bilkis is an old lady who emerged as leading figures who led peaceful protests in Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh area against the Citizenship Amendment Act.
PM Shri Narendra Modi has been kept under the “Leaders” category along with US President Donald Trump, Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen, US NIAID chief Anthony Fauci etc. Actor Ayushmann Khurrana kept under Artists category & Bilkis is in Icons category.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved acquisition of Nutrition & Biosciences, Inc. (“Spinco”) by International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (“IFF”) on 19th September, 2020. IFF is New York-based public company. SpinCo is a recently incorporated company to which DuPont will transfer its N&B Business.
- Anupam Jindal has been appointed as chief financial officer of Biocon & he will be a part of executive leadership team.
- On 23 September, walmart-owned Flipkart said it has partnered with Max Fashion, a brand under Dubai based Landmark Group. This aims to expand portfolio of apparel and accessories ahead of festive season. It also aims that products will be available in newer area.
- Google launched Tables on 22 September 2020. It is a new work tracking tool & designed to help team’s to track work, automate tasks and collaborate better. It uses bots to trigger emails, update status and send weekly reports. It aims to make tracking of projects more efficient manner by automation.
- On 23 September 2020, Space tech startup Pixxel said it has signed an agreement with in-space satellite transportation and infrastructure company Momentus Inc. This is for launching its second satellite in 2021 & its launch will be done in Sun-synchronous orbit using a SpaceX Falcon-9 rocket. It will have the option to fly again in 2022.
- Union Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi died due to Covid-19 in AIIMS Delhi on 23rd September, 2020. He was 65. He was Lok Sabha MP from Karnataka’s Belagavi constituency.