Creation of JATP- Center of Excellence at IISc Bengaluru:
- DRDO today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru for creation of JATP- Center of Excellence (JATP-CoE) in the premises of IISc to expand the scope and objective of existing Joint Advanced Technology Program.
Software Defined Radio Tactical (SDR-Tac):
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) have signed a contract for procurement of Software Defined Radio Tactical (SDR-Tac) worth over Rs 1000 crore in New Delhi on February 08, 2021.
The SDR-Tac, jointly designed and developed by Defence Electronics Applications Laboratory of Defence Research & Development Organisation.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi laid the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launched ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads, at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur District, Assam.
The two new medical colleges in Biswanath and Charaideo will boost the Assam’s modern infrastructure in health sector.
PM said, Asom Mala is being started in line with ‘Bharat Mala Project’. Asom Mala project will fulfill the dreams of Assam to have a network of broad roads and connectivity for all villages.
World Sustainable Development Summit 2021:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 on 10th February 2021 via video conferencing. The 20th edition of The Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI) flagship event, the World Sustainable Development Summit, was held online from 10th February to 12th February, 2021.
The theme of the Summit was ‘Redefining our common future: Safe and secure environment for all’.
The Summit series brings together a wide number of governments, business leaders, academicians, climate scientists, youth, and the civil society in the fight against climate change.
India’s Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Ministry of Earth Sciences were key partners of the Summit.
During the Summit, range of topics discussed, which includes Energy and industry transition, adaptation and resilience, nature based solutions, climate finance, circular economy, clean oceans and air pollution.
Microsoft HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition:
- Microsoft has announced HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition, an untethered mixed reality device designed, built, and tested to support regulated industrial environments.
Azure, HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition will empower enterprises operating in regulated environments to:
- Provide workers with access to remote experts any time they need it
- Complete tasks faster and more accurately than ever before with interactive 3D guides
- Train & onboard new employees faster with a “learning by doing” approach
Permission Granted to BCCI to Use Drones:
- Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the deployment of drones for live aerial cinematography of the India Cricket Season in 2021.