"MyNEP2020" Platform of NCTE
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 01 April 2021 launched the “MyNEP2020” Platform of NCTE Web Portal.
The platform invites suggestions / inputs / membership from the stakeholders for preparing draft for development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program Membership (NMM).
5th Biodiversity Heritage Site in Maharashtra
- The Maharashtra Government declared an area of 2.11 hector at Amboli in Sindhudurg district in the Western Ghats, as a biodiversity heritage site.
The state government has announced this biodiversity heritage site under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002, on 31 March 2021. This is the 5th biodiversity heritage site in the state of Maharashtra.
This is for the conservation of a rare freshwater fish, ‘Schistura Hiranyakeshi’, endemic to this place.
Earlier, it was discovered by a team lead by wildlife researcher Tejas Thackeray. It was published in aqua the International Journal of Ichthyology in the October 2020 edition by Tejas Thackeray and co-authors.
Appointment of Chairperson of the 'Public Enterprises Selection Board'
- CMD of TAFE Ltd, Mallika Srinivasan, has been appointed as the chairperson of the ‘Public Enterprises Selection Board’ (PESB). Ms. Srinivasan has been appointed for a period of three years from the date of assuming office or till the age of 65 years or until further orders, whichever is sooner.
Gujarat Freedom of Religion (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- Gujarat Freedom of Religion (Amendment) Bill, 2021 has been passed with a majority in Gujarat Vidhan Sabha. The amendment bill seeks to modify the Gujarat Freedom of Religion Act, 2003.
The purpose of this bill is to provide for more stringent punishment against forced religious conversion through marriage.
After passing the Bill, Gujarat became the third state after Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh make a law against ‘love jihad’.
Wipro to acquire Australian firm Ampion
- IT major Wipro Company announced on 01 April 2021, it will acquire Australian firm Ampion for $117 million in a full cash transaction. Ampion is an Australia-based firm, a provider of cyber security, DevOps and quality engineering services.
2023 FIFA Women's World Cup
- The 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup will be held across nine cities in Australia and New Zealand. The opening match will take place at Eden Park in Auckland, while Stadium Australia in Sydney hosting the final match.
It will be the first-of-a-kind World Cup, co-hosted by members of different confederations- the Asian Confederation (Australia) and the Oceania Confederation (New Zealand).
The nine host cities are: Adelaide; Auckland; Brisbane; Dunedin; Hamilton; Melbourne; Perth; Sydney; Wellington.
National Maritime Day / 'Merchant Navy Flag Day' 2021
- Since 1964, National Maritime Day is celebrated on 5th April as on this day in 1919, the first Indian Steamship “S S LOYALTY”, ventured into International Water on her maiden voyage from Mumbai to London (UK).
‘Merchant Navy Week’:
‘Merchant Navy Week’ was celebrated from 31st March to 05th April, 2021. This year, Merchant Navy Week was celebrated to highlight the role and to promote the development of the Shipping Industry.
The NMDC is set up for organizing and co-coordinating various programmes for the celebrations of the National Maritime Day / ‘Merchant Navy Flag Day’.
Director General of Shipping and Chairman NMDC (Central) Committee, Shri Amitabh Kumar headed the Central National Maritime Day Celebrations Committee (NMDC).
World Autism Awareness Day 2021
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on April 02.
The UN’s theme for the World Autism Awareness Day, 2021 was- ‘Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World’.
The UN had declared World Autism Awareness Day to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism. Autism is a lifelong neurological condition that manifests during early childhood.